SOCIAL MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST INTERN
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
The Georgia Trauma Foundation is a statewide 501(c)3 non-profit organization that has a developed mission to collaborate with health care professionals and other key partners to improve the delivery of trauma care services throughout the state of Georgia. In a world being reshaped by constantly changing external conditions, including a global pandemic, a lot of things have slowed but trauma is not among them. Traumatic injury remains the leading cause of death and hospitalization in the United States for people under the age of 45. As the need for trauma care continues, there is a growing call for a Foundation model focused on excellence in trauma care, injury prevention, education, research and advocacy. Our leadership in this space is strengthened by collaborative efforts throughout the state to implement solutions that will produce a more advanced trauma care system from which all Georgians benefit.
The Social Media and Communications Specialist Intern will support the Georgia Trauma Foundation staff in identifying, conceptualizing, designing and executing campaigns to increase awareness about the Foundation. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. He/she will be responsible for generating content for digital distribution as well as through traditional channels. They should be comfortable creating and managing multiple social media accounts and developing content to inform, educate and engage the Foundation’s audience to increase awareness, boost traffic and achieve marketing goals.
This is a remote position; however, the intern is expected to attend on-site meetings and events as requested.
- Collaborate with the Foundation’s staff on content development for all communications
- Develop and maintain a program of social media engagement
- Monitor and track stories related to the Foundation’s mission through traditional media and social media reports (follows news related to trauma--specifically mechanisms of injury with which we work—as well as media impressions about the Foundation)
- Assists with development and execution of Eblast
- Researches and identifies curated content for the Foundation’s digital properties
- Follows trends and applies best practices in social media – for nonprofits
- Supports the Foundation’s communications objectives
- Assists with planning and execution of Foundation-related special events, projects and presentations
- Provides support for posting web-based content on georgiatraumafoundation.org
- Responds to questions quickly from social media audiences
- Manages special projects as assigned (minimum of two)
- Other duties as assigned
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
- Currently enrolled in college with proof of enrollment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), copywriting and editing skills.
- Passion for writing.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Demonstrated understanding of content management systems, Google analytics and social media analytics.
- Proficient with word processing software, graphic design tools and other media processing applications.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Performs well in an environment that values creativity and flexibility.
- Prefers challenges, new ideas and future focus.
- Available to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week.
Send a video (30-90 seconds) expressing why you are a good fit for Georgia Trauma Foundation along with a short writing sample of your choice and 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate your knowledge of the various platforms.