Operations Coordinator/ Executive Assistant
- Experience Level
SHE-CAN is seeking a full-time Operations Coordinator / Executive Assistant to join our growing team in the San Francisco Bay Area. Your primary responsibilities will be to manage the Executive Director’s (ED’s) schedule and communication, support the Development Director, and oversee office operations and administrative needs for a team of 9 people.
SHE-CAN (Supporting Her Education Changes A Nation) is a global organization that builds female global leadership in post-conflict countries. We help passionate young leaders win scholarships to U.S. universities, provide them with leadership training, and pair them with U.S. mentor teams who help them thrive in college and launch change-agent careers at home. We have helped 74 young women from Rwanda, Cambodia, Liberia and soon Guatemala win $20M in full scholarships at top U.S. colleges. You will be part of a growing and dynamic team that will produce some of the world's next great female leaders and change agents.
- Scheduling: Manages the Office and Executive Director’s calendar, serving as the person accountable for prioritizing activities in the best interests of the organization and acting as a guard of the ED’s time and energy.
- Administrative: Oversees general office organization including technology platforms, purchasing and expenses, vendor contracts, organizing and booking travel logistics for scholars and ED, coordinating event materials and outreach, and running miscellaneous errands and addressing problems as needed.
- Operations: Maintains office handbook, tracking scholar, mentor, and volunteer participation in Salesforce, spearheads organization of the server, tech support resources, and compliance with industry-standard HR policies, contracts and oversight.
- Research and Writing: Helps with grant research and writing, researching and updating information on our donors, colleges, mentors, and prospects in the database, researching relevant development topics for Development Director.
- Events: Support Development Team in hosting events including our annual gala.
- Extremely organized with past office administrative experience managing a senior-level director’s calendar
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and can anticipate needs of the Executive Director
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is a skilled project manager capable of managing deadlines and stakeholders
- Collaborative, resourceful, adaptable, organized, excellent attention to detail, personable
- Bachelor's degree
- Technology savvy. Has capacity to bring new technology ideas to our program
- Salesforce or other CRM experience
- This is a 40-hour a week salaried position
Job requires you work Monday-Friday remotely 9:30am-5:30pm PT, until we reopen our Mill Valley offices at the end of the pandemic when being in the office will be required. As a global organization, many calls, meetings and email correspondence occur during the weekends and in evenings, and you will need to be accessible and occasionally come in outside those stated hours.
Salary will be competitive based on experience
This position does not include benefits and requires a smart phone and computer
SHE-CAN was formerly called Open A Door Foundation.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.