4 days left
- Experience Level
Ag Innovations is looking for a Project Manager!
Ag Innovations is a 501c3 nonprofit that facilitates systems leadership and collaborative action in California around key issues including agricultural viability, fire and forest resiliency, water stewardship, and food systems. We serve our community by facilitating transformational collaboratives that help leaders think beyond their disciplines and unlock new ideas. Our methods have proven effective in stakeholder engagement, public input, and planning, which helps improve the public plans and policies that allow for a better future.
We are dedicated to serving the public interest by helping people think and work better together to solve the complex issues facing all of us who depend on our natural and working lands.
We are looking for a full time Project Manager to support our facilitation team in creating effective change processes with project management and coordination, communications and other support to Ag Innovations clients, Program Team and Senior Facilitator(s). The Project Manager ensures the smooth preparation, integration and conclusion of engagements in the larger context of our work. This position reports directly to a Senior or Lead Facilitator, with dotted line reporting to the Executive Director. Specific duties include project and budget management, project design and support as appropriate, and tracking and reporting on project deliverables for clients and funders.
Ag Innovations values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Duties of the Project Manager include but are not limited to the following:
Project Responsibilities: (70%)
- In consultation with the Facilitator for each assigned project, develop a written strategy and work plan for the project, including funding, budget design, tracking and measurement of deliverables, and assignment of responsibilities.
- Project management and project support (project planning and implementation, calendaring, deliverable tracking, stakeholder and participant communications and tracking, research, materials preparation, collaboration technology tools, operations, etc.)
- As jointly determined by the project lead and team members, participate in client meetings and events to gain knowledge, track progress or respond to requests.
- Working with project lead, ensure the timely completion of tasks laid out in the project plan; make adjustments to the plan along the way as client and project needs require.
- Complete or ensure completion of all reporting and documentation of the project to meet the needs of internal financial tracking and external funders.
- Assist with facilitation duties, as needed and as able with regards to skill level, including agenda design, small group facilitation, flipcharting, and other responsibilities.
Program Responsibilities: (30%)
- Stay abreast of current events related to program content areas and support development of program strategy.
- Write articles and participate in generation of content for Ag Innovations’ website, blog, and newsletter based on assigned projects and program.
- Working in cooperation with other senior staff, research and pursue funding for existing and projected projects and engagements; supervise and support the work of analytic staff as needed and available.
- Upon request, review incoming Requests for Proposals (RFPs) or grant applications and, after consultation with the Executive Director, respond to those determined worthy of pursuit by Ag Innovations.
- Review each project after completion, and present proposals for process improvements to the Executive Director and senior staff for application on future projects; include outside data as applicable, with input from analytic staff and other resources.
- Coordinate effectively with team members, and develop skills and knowledge appropriate to better support assigned projects and program.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We believe that effective process yields effective collaboration
- Holistic: We acknowledge and operate in complex systems, and seek to help people understand themselves, each other, and the patterns and systems they operate in.
- Neutrality: We are solutions-neutral, but process advocates.
- Humility: We show up every day knowing that we don’t have all the answers.
- Inclusive: We facilitate to raise up voices that can go unheard without the invitation to participate
- Diverse: We celebrate diversity of background, race, economic status, and perspective by bringing it “into the rooms” that we facilitate.
The following skills and experience are required unless otherwise noted:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Three (3) or more years experience managing projects that include planning and budget management, meeting and event management, including note taking, and writing and research.
- Certificate or equivalent training and experience in project management or other field involving collaborative goal-setting, decision-making and evaluation.
- Demonstrated passion for and interest in food systems, agriculture, and/or environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with collaborative office platforms, including the Google Suite and Microsoft Office, including documents, spreadsheets, presentation tools, group calendaring, and basic web editing.
- Ability to research, analyze and digest new topic areas.
- Ability to quickly learn new information and convey that understanding to clients in order to establish trust and communicate with them about their business.
- Applied skills in basic web-based research, analysis and summarization.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently, with ease and professionalism.
- Familiarity with file organization and retention and contact management.
- Strong attention to detail, including proofing own work and that of others.
- Ability to focus and complete job duties in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and listening/note-taking skills.
- Values and practices teamwork and emotional intelligence with other staff, and has a commitment to a respectful workplace.
- Collaborates effectively and with discernment with clients and partners to support project outcomes and maintain AI mission and contracted role.
- The personal flexibility and adaptability to function in an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization.
OTHER EXPERTISE WELCOME (NOT REQUIRED), INCLUDING:
- Technical writing skills
- Data analysis
- Graphics and layout
- Fluency in another language spoken by rural community members in California (Spanish, Chinese, Punjabi, Hmong, or another language).
$22.00 - $33.00 per hour commensurate with experience. Position includes health benefits, an employer match for simple-IRA contributions, and professional development.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Keyboarding on PC for long periods of time
- Some phone usage
- Local and regional travel by car or other means, mostly same-day.
- Indoor work environment in an open setting with minimal noise and distractions.
- This is temporarily a remote position due to COVID-19. Permanently, this position will be based in either Sonoma County, CA or Sacramento, CA, to be considered once shelter-in-place restrictions have lifted.
Each qualified candidate is invited to submit a resume and cover letter explaining why they would be an excellent fit for this position. Please send your resume and cover letter to us at: HR@aginnovations.org. While open until closed, priority will be given to resumes received by June 14.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Government $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Sebastopol
- Event Planning Government $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Sebastopol
- Marketing / Communications Government $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Sebastopol
- Program / Project Management Government $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Sebastopol
- Research Government $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Sebastopol