6 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Reporting to the organization's Equity Program Manager (EPM), the Equity Angeles (EA) will act as a true ambassador promoting, supporting, and guiding LAPPS mission. The EA is responsible for bringing LAPPS’ Language Support Services (LAN) to life across all LAPPS school sites in Atlanta Public Schools (APS). The LAN and Equity Angeles Program is a service to provide language services, conflict mediation, or equity enhancement services to partnering schools that will have a trained Equity Angel on-site to assist district parents. The ideal candidate will implement Equity Angeles Program services in the community, develop and maintain relationships with parents, and provide education advocacy for Latinx families in APS. EA must be a confident public speaker, with exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills, and providing best in class customer service while maintaining patience and empathy for all members and cases. Above all, you are a steward of the organization’s mission and community’s values.
- Provide real-time Language Services and Parent Guidance consulting to LAPPS members, as needed
- Provide best in class services to LAPPS members as the in-school resource for LAPPS “Equity Angeles” program.
- Continuous presence and visibility at assigned schools/program sites.
- Empower and guide parents to respectively traverse the public schools system and adhere to a defined district-approved “Pathway To Resolution.”
- Manage new, existing inquiries and cases for the EA program.
- Serve as a liaison between LAPPS members and school administration, when needed per policy.
- Provide accurate meeting notes, document parents inquiries, concerns, issues, complaints, and report into system to track case progress to resolution
- Maintain and develop relationships with member families, and provide on-going support, via phone calls, virtual contact, or scheduled home visits.
- Follow all internal reporting protocols as directed by the organization, providing daily, weekly, monthly updates
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) in related field, education, or relevant work experience.
- Former educators with public school experience please highlight in cover letter.
- Fully English/Spanish bilingual and bicultural – language and cultural competency to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds in the Latinx community
- Organizational Leadership acumen, team player with a positive attitude
- Creative and passionate about advocacy and education
- Ability to develop relationships, charismatic with exceptional interpersonal, communication and conflict-resolution skills
- Empathetic and non-judgemental approach to leading and serving member-families
- Project management, event logistics and coordination experience
- Has an open mindset towards, embraces and continuously initiates and implements change
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and Google suite(s), Zoom and pertinent programs
- Candidates must be open to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, moderate/heavy lifting and commute
- Must have a driver's license and a dependable insured vehicle
- Must pass a background check and be eligible to work around children, parents and school officials
- Competitive salary based on experience, and health benefits available
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Social Work / Counseling Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta