Equity Program Manager
2 days left
- Experience Level
Reporting to the organization's Equity Program Director (EPD), the Equity Program Manager (EPM) will act as a true ambassador promoting, supporting and guiding LAPPS mission. The EPM is responsible for bringing LAPPS’ Language Support Services (LAN) to life across all LAPPS school sites in Atlanta Public Schools (APS). The LAN and Equity Angeles Program provides language services, parent guidance, or equity enhancement services to partnering schools that will have a trained Equity Angeles on-site to assist district parents. The ideal candidate will lead, coordinate and manage Equity Angeles Program initiatives in the community, will develop and maintain relationships with school leadership to strengthen partnerships, and provide education advocacy for Latinx families in APS. The EPM manages and works collaboratively with two Equity Angeles and a coordinator to develop program services and day-to-day operations with an eye towards best-in-class customer service and program excellence. Must be a confident public speaker, with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, and supervisory experience. Above all, you are a steward of the organization’s mission and community’s values.
- Develop and manage, in conjunction with the EPD, the “Equity Angeles” Program.
- Collaborate with the EPD on the integration of LAPPS Equity Angeles into all outreach activation events for advocacy support.
- Develop and manage school partnerships with school and community leaders.
- Develop and manage relationships with community members and parents.
- Supervise program case management and Language Services via district-approved “Pathway To Resolution”
- Manage day-to-day “Equity Angeles” program, which includes Equity Angeles and staff supervision, performance metrics and evaluation, case management, operational excellence, and support EAs, informing case work as needed.
- Responsible for managing and resolving escalations and/or sensitive EA cases.
- Provide expertise related to educational rights and social work practices for EA case management and LAPPS content development.
- Review new cases opened and assign staff with any notes/follow-ups needed.
- Oversee EA reporting of case data and analyze for trends
- Supervise for quality control and analyze day-to-day operations to determine ongoing improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Social Work, Education, School Psychology or Counseling, etc. or relevant work experience.
- Fully English/Spanish bilingual and bicultural – language and cultural competency to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds in the Hispanic/Latino community
- Analytical acumen, both a team leader and team player with a can-do attitude
- Creative and passionate about advocacy & education
- Proactive in identifying new and impactful programming opportunities
- Ability to develop relationships, confident public speaker, prospecting skills, charismatic with exceptional interpersonal, communication and conflict-resolution skills
- Event planning and logistics, ability to carry out program development through to desired result/reporting
- Has an open mindset towards, embraces and continuously initiates and implements change
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and Google suite(s), Zoom and pertinent programs
- Candidates must be open to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, moderate/heavy lifting and commute
- Must have a driver's license and a dependable insured vehicle
- Must pass a background check and be eligible to work around children, parents and school officials
- Competitive salary based on experience, and health benefits available
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Social Work / Counseling Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta