Equity Community Manager
- Experience Level
Reporting to the organization's Equity Program Director (EPD), the Equity Community Manager (ECM) will act as a true ambassador promoting, supporting, and guiding the LAPPS mission. The ECM is responsible for bringing LAPPS to life across all community outreach efforts within the Atlanta Public Schools system. The ideal candidate will lead, coordinate, and manage a wide range of Member Development and Outreach activation initiatives in the community, will develop and maintain relationships and work hand in hand with community influencers at the school and district level to ensure partnership strengthening and education advocacy. The ECM works collaboratively with the EPD to develop community organizing content and workshops. ECM must be a confident public speaker with the ability to articulate and drive priorities within community outreach efforts. ECM candidates should be self-motivated, proactive, organized, and detail-oriented to ensure the work is completed at the highest level of customer service and program excellence. Above all, you are a steward of the organization’s mission and community’s values.
- Collaborate to develop and activate LAPPS community engagement “playbook,” including member recruitment, engagement, development, (social) events, outreach effort(s), etc.
- Develop and manage services offered and maintain visibility and accessibility to existing members & potential new members in designated schools
- Manage and maintain a calendar of events, activations, timelines, and event summary reports
- Maintain organization’s marketing and communications editorial calendar, and assist/collaborate with content and development to highlight LAPPS work, as needed.
- Generate community interest in LAPPS and develop leads to meet annual membership goals.
- Collaborate with organizational leadership to develop Equity Empowerment Services and Advocacy Leadership Development curriculum and training.
- Collaborate with the EPD to develop program metrics and benchmarks for success, best practices, case studies, and continuous improvements and development.
- Provide LAPPS member community quality control and continuous improvements with EPD
- Collaborate with the EPD to develop and manage LAPPS vendor process relationships
- Manage program budgets, acquisition and inventory management, deployment,etc.
- Manage and maintain reporting and budget consolidation by events, monthly, quarterly, yearly, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred a bachelor's degree (BA, BS) in related fields: Sociology, Education, Political Science, etc. or relevant work experience.
- Fully English/Spanish bilingual and bicultural – language and cultural competency to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds in the Latinx community
- Analytical and business acumen, team player with a can-do attitude, creative and passionate about advocacy & education, proactive in identifying new and impactful programming opportunities, ability to develop relationships, confident public speaker, outgoing personality, prospecting skills, empathetic, charismatic with exceptional interpersonal, communication and conflict-resolution skills.
- Event planning and logistics, ability to carry out program development through desired result/reporting
- Has an open mindset, embraces and continuously initiates and implements change
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and Google suite(s), Zoom and pertinent programs
- Basic marketing & communications experience with working knowledge of Canva, Video-Editing-Streaming, etc.
- Candidates must be open to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, moderate/heavy lifting, and commute
- Must have a driver's license and a dependable insured vehicle
- Must pass a background check and be eligible to work around children, parents and school officials
- Competitive salary based on experience, and health benefits available
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta