Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development will oversee program sales and fundraising initiatives. The Director of Development will work with the board, management, staff and partners to meet fundraising goals and increase, as well as retain program memberships. Fundraising campaigns and major gifts will be the responsibility of this position. This position will work in close partnership with the Director of Community Relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibility as the Development Director will be to plan for sales, fundraising events, and other activities that provide funding for the organization and programming.
- Building and analyzing the development plan
- Supervise Program Advisors
- Participate in program sales and memberships initiatives.
- Work with the board to develop peer to peer and other funding streams.
- Build and nurture connections with individuals, businesses and organizations that help support our mission and goals.
- Develop major gifts line of funding.
- Work with Planned Giving
- Plan and implement fundraising activities of various types.
- Work in partnership with Director of Community Relations on marketing and other areas as needed.
- Participate in Executive Team
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS
Second Wind Dreams® is seeking an experienced Development Director who has at least 5 years of development/sales, ideally in a nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as major gifts, planned giving, event planning, management, elder care, and donor management.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce and/or Little Green Light preferred)
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial.
- Managerial experience
- Development experience
- Sales and Marketing Experience
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Salary + Commission
- 403b Retirement Option
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability option
- Health Insurance option
- Dental Insurance option
- Vision Insurance option
TO APPLY: To apply for this position, please respond to this job posting via Work for Good (no phone calls please) with:
- A cover letter summarizing your interest and experience; and
- A resume, attached in MS Word format, and including your updated contact information and salary expectations.
FLSA JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time.
Second Wind Dreams is an equal opportunity employer. This job posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise other than an “at will” relationship.