Director of Residential Programs
2 days left
- Experience Level
Position Title: Director of Residential Programs
Location/ Department: Children & Family Division
FLSA Status: Full- Time Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director of Children & Family Programs
Our Mission: is to extend Christ’s call to love your neighbor through housing, health care and crisis intervention for children, families, and older adults.
Our Vision: Christian City envisions a world where the most vulnerable among us have a safe home and loving community enabling them to thrive.
Position Description: The Director of Residential Programs is a vital member of the Christian City Children & Family Programs leadership team and is responsible for developing, delivering, and monitoring all service programs offered to the youth in the residential programs. This position leads a multidisciplinary team that provides care and milieu-based services and care. The Director of Residential Programs ensures that all service offerings align with the mission of Christian City and meet both trauma-informed care, in compliance with licensing and regulatory bodies such as CARF(Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, OPM ( Office of Provider Management), and RCCL ( Georgia Department of Human Resources Residential Child Care Licensing), federal grant requirements safety/security standards and best practices in family services. In coordination with the Executive Director, the Residential Program Director proposes strategic program direction, sets priorities, implements goals, and is responsible for the overall operations and management of Christian City Children’s Village, Safe Place Shelter, and Thrive Graduate Transition Program.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise program coordinators and other program staff to ensure that all residential programs services are delivered in a consistent, quality, and results-driven manner.
- Identify, hire, train, mentor, and evaluate all paid staff working within Programs.
- Provide an escalation process in problem-solving and decision-making in situations exceeding staff authority or responsibility levels.
- Provide support and guidance to Human Services Profession staff regarding program admission, youth & family progress, family challenges, and transitions.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are routinely followed, including but not limited to record-keeping, intake procedures, health and safety, therapy services, individual service plans and progress, and emergency preparedness.
- Schedule and implement weekly cadence meetings to include program goals and strategic plan implementation progress, identifying and securing resources, and identifying volunteers, as needed.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, the Program Director develops, budgets, monitor cost controls and ensures all program purchases are approved.
- Attends all Christian City Management Meetings and events as requested.
- Represents Christian City in community groups, business networks and industry summits as requested by Executive Director or CEO.
- Provides program data and reports for grant submissions.
- Ensure that the necessary data, forms, folders, files, progress reports and outcome measures are managed.
- Maintain ongoing supportive relationships with all referral partners and identify new referral sources.
- Create and maintain an on-call 24/7 emergency response system.
- Develop staff through effective delegation, motivation, and communication.
- Provide collaborative channels that include program and non-program staff.
- Stay current on the latest child welfare guidelines, foster care, homeless trends, and research.
- Participate in site visits for funders and potential funders, community leaders, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Must be a lead by example individual modeling the characteristics of a Servant leader and Mission Driven Professional.
- Master's degree in Social Work or related field with 6+ years’ experience working with at-risk families.
- Minimum 4 years of management experience with direct supervision of multiple staff.
- Strong clinical experience desired.
- Strategic Planning, Program Development, and implementation experience required.
- Must display an enthusiastic passion for the Christian City mission
- Must be ministry and service-minded, express a genuine concern and compassion for the needs of others.
- Must be knowledgeable on and dedicated to the challenges of foster youth/ homeless youth.
- Must be able to effectively lead others using developed management skills.
- Must be able to quickly build trust relationships.
- Must demonstrate proven responsiveness and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be adept at planning and helping others to set goals.
- Self-starter with the ability to organize, establish priorities, and manage multiple assignments.
- Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must display effective time management skills, both for self and those being supported.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and display flexibility and adaptability as priorities shift.
- Must have a professional presence and be able to communicate and relate effectively with a variety of individuals, treating each person with politeness, diplomacy, respect, and courtesy.
- Must be an effective networker who can effectively interact with community partners.
- Must have overall business sense to effectively align operational and financial goals and priorities.
- Ability to be innovative and creatively seek process improvements.
- Normal local travel required related to program and training needs, as well as occasional travel beyond the metro Atlanta area.
- Ability to lift objects up to 25 pounds and work for long periods at a computer.
- Satisfactory criminal history background check
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record