Director of Development
6 days left
- Experience Level
The Director of Development is a frontline fundraising position reporting directly to the VP of Development & Communications. The director will cultivate and build an existing portfolio to generate philanthropic revenue supporting operations, programming and capital needs as directed. The director will also participate in or lead fundraising programming to cultivate existing donors and attract new prospects.
Sheltering Arms transforms the lives of children, their families and communities through model early childhood education and leadership in the field.
- Generate $250,000 to $500,000 in unrestricted funding in the first year from your portfolio of individuals, foundations, corporations and faith-based organizations.
- Meet a monthly performance minimum of 10 donor prospect in person meetings in or out of your portfolio.
- Develop and implement an annual moves management plan in collaboration with the VP to achieve relationship and solicitation and revenue goals.
- Master the Sheltering Arms material that will allow you to collaborate fluidly with potential partners and donors.
- Inspire donor prospects with your enthusiasm, persuasiveness and information to support Sheltering Arms.
- Lead or manage aspects of department events as assigned; especially regarding the prospects in your portfolio.
- Develop additional fundraising programming to increase donor opportunities and access points.
- Professionally represent Sheltering Arms in the community.
- Prepare letters and proposals; execute solicitations; Develop donor materials as needed.
- Participate in the United Way Speaker’s Cabinet and deliver inspiring and persuasive presentations to donors and prospects
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated success in fundraising
- Demonstrated intention to advance your skills
- As a director in a 500 person organization, present yourself as a grounded, confident leader, able team player and positive contributor to every project.
- Demonstrates sound judgement regarding goals, relationships and nuances.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and Raiser’s Edge.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work in a high-paced environment managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments.
- High energy and passion for Sheltering Arms’ mission is essential.
- Professional level of confidentiality in handling donor information.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years professional fundraising experience; major donor experience preferred
- Familiarity with Atlanta philanthropic community required
- Experience in fundraising for early childhood education or youth development
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License with current driving insurance, no record of driver caused accidents, no traffic violations within last 3 years
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends as fundraising events and meetings required.
- Local metro Atlanta travel involving donor visits and events.