Bilingual Wish Coordinator (Spanish)
1 day left
- Degree Level
Job Title: Bilingual Wish Coordinator (Spanish)
Reports To: Wish Manager
Posting Date: May 25th, 2021
About Make-A-Wish® Georgia: Since 1995, Make-A-Wish Georgia has been creating life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Since then, nearly 8,000 lives have been impacted by the “Power of a Wish™.” Make-A-Wish Georgia is a movement, powered by you, to renew families and communities disrupted by serious childhood illness. We all have the power to make wishes comes true. To learn how you can become a part of the story, visit www.georgia.wish.org.
Overview of Position: The Wish Coordinator implements the wish granting process and acts as the wish liaison for wish families, wish granting volunteers, and donors for Make-A-Wish Georgia. This role is responsible for planning wishes and making all arrangements, securing in-kind donations towards each wish, and ensuring each wish does not go over budget. The role also provides excellent customer experience to all constituents.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily implementation of wish granting process
- Manages a wish case load of 65+ wishes, including RUSH wishes and Spanish speaking wishes
- Plans all four wish types - I wish to go, have, meet, and be
- Communicates clearly and in a timely manner to wish families, wish granting volunteers, and staff
- Provides 24-hour emergency coverage for wish families as well as office coverage for team members
- Seeks in-kind donations specifically in the areas of wish granting support
- Manages wish costs and ensures wishes stay on budget
- Ensures all aspects of job tasks follow policies outlined by Chapter and National organization
- Represents the chapter at statewide speaking and fundraising events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Nonprofit Administration, Communications, or Human Development and Family Studies
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and spoken.
- Experience working with families and/or volunteers
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Sales Force; as well as proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and achieve goals and objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in building and maintaining positive relationships with staff, volunteers and community members
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of management
- Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends
- Minimal travel expected
- Knowledge of and passion for the mission and vision of Make-A-Wish® Georgia
Make-A-Wish® Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. No calls or office visits, please.