1 day left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Northwest Center is looking for Employment Specialists to join our team!
Are you a passionate, self-motivated, innovative, investigative, team-oriented person with a history in sales and/or social services, or do you simply get excited with the idea of helping others? If so, Northwest Center’s Employment Services team is the place for you!
This unique industry allows you to hone in on your community, create local opportunities with large and small businesses alike, and support people with disabilities to attain or maintain employment.
Schedule: Full-time; Monday - Friday; 8 AM - 5 PM
Wage: $18 -20 per hour
+ Mileage Reimbursement for miles driven for work
Our clients need work in all over King County and surrounding areas. Employment Specialists operate in location districts called "Pods."
Please select at least 1 location you want to be considered for.
★ North Pod: (Example: N. Shoreline, Lynnwood, Mill Creek; includes North King County, & Snohomish County)
★ North Seattle Pod: (Example: South Shoreline, University District, Greenlake, Ballard, Queen Anne)
★ Central/South Seattle Pod: (Example: Downtown Seattle, Central District, W. Seattle, Columbia City, Delridge)
★ East Pod: (Example: Bellevue, Redmond. Kirkland)
★ Southeast Pod: (Example: Issaquah, Maple Valley, Covington)
- Excellent medical benefits, elective dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Subsidized gym membership
- Verizon Wireless employee discount
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
✶ Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19.
Basic Expectations of your role:
- Providing preparatory services, including resume creation, interview preparation, benefits planning, person-centered planning, assessments services, etc.
- Providing marketing and job development services
- Providing job coaching and retention services once someone receives employment
- Plus a multitude of other industry-specific support services
- Six months of experience working in a disability-focused human services field preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- A flexible schedule to support clients when they work, which may include occasional weekends and holidays
- Valid Driver's license and personal mode of transportation
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.