Resource Development Specialist
- Experience Level
Job Title: Resource Development Specialist (Non-Essential)
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer (CAO)
Position Description: The Center for Children & Young Adults (CCYA) is comprised of three dormitory style buildings on the campus housing homeless youth and young adults between the ages of 12 and 21 who have been abandoned, neglected, and/or abused. The Resource Development Specialist will log and acknowledge donations, in-kind, and volunteer services. Maintain agency presence on social media platforms and agency website. Work closely with the (CAO) on the development of fundraising, marketing and mass mailing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, public relations, communications or public administration preferred;
- Minimum of two years of experience in a fund development capacity preferred;
- Passionate about children’s issues;
- Highly organized, detailed and project-focused;
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills;
- Displays strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Team-oriented and a team builder;
- Self-assured, a good listener, open to feedback and input;
- Ability to be flexible with hours and handle multiple tasks; high level of energy;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Use of Constant Contact, Genius Sign-Up, Word Press, Vista Print or other web management and social media platforms is preferred.
Work hours: 9:00 – 5:30 pm Monday – Friday; flexible hours to accommodate activities, events and other campaign-related deadlines and training activities during non-work hours.