Nonprofit Director of Development and Marketing
- Experience Level
Artportunity Knocks is seeking a results-oriented Director of Development and Marketing to support the nonprofit organization in its mission to empower youth through POSITIVE Arts Self-Expression, Education, Community Service and Bridging the Cultures through Arts, STEM, and Entertainment. We offer a variety of after school programs, enrichment classes, and summer camps for students ages 5-17.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Our Mission: To empower youth to excel in positive arts self-expression (PASE), education, community service, and bridging cultures through Arts & Entertainment.
Artportunity Knocks programs are guided by FOUR PILLARS:
● POSITIVE ARTS SELF-EXPRESSION: exploring your emotions, experimenting with your talents, and encouraging your voice through art
● EDUCATION: teaching kids not only the wonder of our world, but how they can teach themselves as they grow
● COMMUNITY SERVICE: sharing goodness with our communities with the gifts, talents, and voices we possess
● BRIDGING CULTURES THROUGH ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT: discovering the core humanity in everyone we meet
Why We’re Special
Four characteristics define the essence of Artportunity Knocks:
- Dedicated professional staff
- Unique classes
- Professional quality instruction
- Accessibility and affordability for students
We provide Music, STEM, and Arts education to those communities that are underserved or underprivileged. Artportunity Knocks gives young people a positive way to express themselves and instills a passion for the Arts.
This is a new part-time position, and the DDM will have the opportunity to build the development and marketing functions of the organization.
This position reports to the Executive Director and collaborates with the Operations Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Operations Director to establish and implement effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for corporate, foundation, government and individual funding sources
- Expand and cultivate the donor base for individual as well as corporate donations, including outreach to the philanthropic community.
- Assure proper planning including goal setting, strategy identification, benchmarking and evaluation to support fund development
- Maintain a highly functional donor database
- Process funds received, including gift entry and generation of thank you letters
- Collaborate with ED, OD, and public relations and social media contractors to grow a successful marketing and communications program
- Assist with copy and design for print and digital material, including annual report, newsletters, appeals, press releases, social media, and other program-related written communications
- Assist with coordination, implementation and evaluation of Artportunity Knocks events
- Ensure that fundraising activities are carried out in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision and strategic plans/goals
- Represent Artportunity Knocks in the community with a high level of enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in Development and/or Marketing; nonprofit experience a plus; arts experience a plus
- Proficient in computer and MS Office/G-suite applications
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter; able to solve problems and present solutions
- Able to work without supervision and make appropriate decisions
Paid vacation and sick leave pursuant to Artportunity Knocks' employee policies as an eligible salaried employee.
To Apply, please follow these detailed instructions.
- Craft your cover letter and resume into one multi-page PDF document, highlighting how your experience and skills meet the position requirements.
- Save the file with your full name.
- Send the file to HR@artportunityknocks.org and include “Director of Development and Marketing” in the subject line.
We regret we are unable to respond to phone inquiries or mail submissions.