Senior Advancement Officer, Major Gifts
- Experience Level
The Senior Advancement Officer, Major Gifts (SAO-MG) is an integral part of the Major Gifts and Individual Support team, responsible for helping CDC Foundation reach its fundraising goals by designing and developing solicitation strategies; identifying gift opportunities that match donors’ interests; and personally soliciting gifts and continually stewarding major gift donors. The SAO-MG is joining a small major gifts team at a critical time in its growth and expansion of new donors. S/he will be responsible for forging and deepening existing donor relationships and identify and helping to cultivate new potential donors.
The SAO-MG reports to the Director of Major Gifts and Individual Support and works synergistically and strategically with Foundation and CDC colleagues, donors and prospects. The SAO-MG develops and manages these relationships in order to steward donors for long-term engagement with the Foundation. Monitoring all prospect and partner contacts within his/her portfolio to ensure positive and purposeful donor relations, the SAO-MG recommends involvement of other Advancement and Foundation leadership staff when vital to any stage of the relationship-building process.
**This position is grant-funded for 24 months**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee portfolio of 125-150 major/leadership annual/planned gift donors and prospects.
- Participate in each step of the donor pipeline, including identification, qualification through research, cultivation, briefing, request for support, and prompt follow up, stewardship and recognition.
- Tracking of all donor and prospect activity in Salesforce CRM, using moves management to cultivate, solicit, renew and upgrade major gift prospects.
- Create, edit, finalize and send fundraising correspondence, proposals and stewardship materials for donors and prospects.
- Create customized stewardship plans and participate in stewardship activities as needed.
- Become familiar with and maintain a working knowledge of the CDC Foundation’s and CDC’s programs; maintain a high level of knowledge about programs to discuss with and present to donors, prospects and members of the public health community.
- Represent the Foundation to individual donors, family foundations, donor prospects and CDC colleagues.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of CDC Foundation and CDC priorities.
- Participate in staff activities, projects and assignments.
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years of demonstrated experience, success, and progressive responsibility in fundraising with a focus on major gifts.
- Highly energetic professional with a track record of developing fundraising strategies, building donor relationships and closing gifts in the five to six-plus figure range.
- Experience in public health/health care environment or funding for scientific research preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to facilitate effective meetings with diverse partners.
- Ability to work independently and solve complex problems creatively and confidently.
- Executive presence with the ability to portray confidence and trust along with a professional image and demeanor.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills; excellent public speaker with ability to facilitate dialogue among various stakeholders in both meeting and conference call settings.
- Ability to manage multiple, high intensity activities simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to deal with others using tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to complete assignments in a timely and effective manner and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- High level proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office Suite, and other computer skills required; Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising, including adherence to the Code of Ethical Principles of the Association of Fundraising Professional (AFP) and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
About the CDC Foundation
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations, and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the go-to nonprofit authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has raised over $1 billion and launched more than 1,000 programs impacting a variety of health threats from chronic disease conditions including cardiovascular disease and cancer, to infectious diseases like rotavirus and HIV, to emergency responses, including COVID-19 and Ebola. The CDC Foundation managed hundreds of CDC-led programs in the United States and in more than 140 countries last year. Learn more at www.cdcfoundation.org.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY VIA
COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Health / Medical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Atlanta