Senior Advancement Digital Donor Engagement
- Experience Level
The CDC Foundation’s Senior Advancement Officer, Digital Donor Engagement is an integral part of the Advancement team, with a focus on the development and implementation of online donor-specific communications that educate, engage, cultivate and inspire philanthropic support for and engagement with the CDC Foundation. This position will serve as a strategist, project manager and implementer for all digital strategies to maximize fundraising to support our mission to save and improve lives. Working closely and collaboratively with a digital professional agency, the Senior Advancement Officer, Digital Donor Engagement will create and execute a comprehensive digital fundraising program utilizing various channels including email, social media and web. The position will also work cross-departmentally with fundraisers from the Emergency Response, Public and Private Partnership and Major Gifts and Individual Support teams to understand and execute any digital campaign needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creating and deploying an overarching digital fundraising strategy that includes, but is not limited to, email, donor journeys, mobile, social media (organic and paid advertising), as well as online paid and in-kind advertising and retargeting.
• Working closely with other internal and external partners to ensure brand continuity across digital and offline channels.
• This position would also interface with our digital fundraising agency to assist in creating a “best-in-class” digital program that also is integrated with our direct mail and other strategies.
• Is data smart, providing and analyzing data analytics from our platforms (Google Analytics for our fundraising strategies on our website and giving forms, as well as Google Ad Grant campaigns, Facebook, etc.) to inform our annual giving strategies.
• Keeps a finger on the pulse of pop culture and the evolving media landscape. Understands the evolving world of digital content consumption.
• Can easily translate complex information into compelling stories and actionable strategies.
• Provide guidance on testing and adopting new strategies and features to maximize fundraising goals.
• Become familiar with and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Foundation’s and CDC’s programs and activities.
• Participate in staff activities, projects and assignments and assume other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a digital communications professional with a minimum of four years nonprofit, digital fundraising, marketing and communications or equivalent professional experience will be considered.
• Working knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Journey Builder and Mobile Studio, including designing and deploying emails and building complex data extensions using SQL to leverage our Salesforce CRM data.
• Experience using design software, including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.).
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and experience using constituent relationship management systems (preferably Salesforce) and other finance systems.
• Familiarity with giving forms, crowdfunding and peer to peer fundraising software/platforms. Experience utilizing Classy a plus.
• Experience creating and managing Facebook and Google ads, and leveraging data analytics to improve our fundraising strategy.
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics reporting tools and leveraging web analytics to improve our online fundraising strategies, including the CDC Foundation website, giving forms and crowdfunding and social media campaigns, etc.
• Experience with digital and email fundraising marketing and social media strategies and development.
• Familiarity with communication technologies and best practices, including a broad understanding of traditional and emerging digital communication tools.
• Expertise leading, managing and implementing projects by setting timelines, assigning roles, coordinating with stakeholders and meeting deadlines.
• Work closely and collaboratively with members of the Communications team to ensure alignment with the Foundation’s brand and overall communications and marketing strategy, as well as scheduling through a shared calendar.
• Flexible attitude with a proven ability to handle changing business needs, multiple priorities and responsiveness to deadlines with attention to detail.
• Accountability for meeting goals, objectives and deadlines with a proactive attitude and approach to work.
• Results-oriented team player, collaborative and self-motivated. Ability to deliver consistently excellent work product operating independently without heavy oversight.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Flexible with ability to work well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate internal and external constituents, including gaining cooperation from individuals or groups over whom there is no direct authority.
• Discretion in handling confidential information relating to the giving history and backgrounds of donors/prospects.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment. Relocation expenses are not included.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY VIA
COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION