Animal Shelter Community Support Caseworker
4 days left
- Experience Level
Responsible for providing support and assistance to pet owners, community volunteers, and partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, field officers, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Deliver services and programs with an open-minded and inclusive attitude. Treat each community encounter with respect, kindness, and compassion.
- Manage Friendly Finder program in the field and at the shelter. Communicate Friendly Finder process to stray finders. Process Friendly Finder Foster forms, coordinate with shelter staff for animal vaccines, photos, and other intake procedures. Arrange for transport for animal to and from field location as needed.
- Coordinate with foster team to connect stray finders with foster volunteers on LifeLine’s foster waiting list.
- Create FOUND flyers and post FOUND photos and descriptions on social media for animals found in the field and over-the-counter.
- Respond to pet owners requesting assistance.
- Connect owners to community resources such as food banks, medical services, temporary boarding, fence repair, or human services programs.
- Provide re-homing packets to owners who wish to rehome their pets. Include adoption information, meet and greet instructions, questions to ask future owners, etc.
- Offer information and counseling on spay/neuter, training classes, vaccine, and general pet care.
- Offer owners food, crates, runners, and other supplies that may be available.
- Keep records of all communications and assistance provided to owners and stray finders. Produce reports as requested.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Problem solving ability
- Compassion for animals and owners
- Excellent customer service skills
- Passion for serving the community
- Clear oral and written communications
- General animal behavior and care knowledge
- Attention to detail and accuracy in communication, note documentation, and data entry
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of high school diploma. Community outreach, social services, or advocacy experience. Animal experience preferred.
Must be able to read and interpret policies and procedures. Must be able to communicate
effectively to clients, coworkers, and volunteers and must possess good customer service skills.
Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written or verbal form and to follow those instructions correctly.
Working within standard guidelines and protocols, must have the ability to tailor each inquiry response to the individual situation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Georgia driver’s license and ability to meet insurance underwriting guidelines required.
While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to a kennel that is not air-conditioned and may be exposed to unpleasant kennel smells.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Animal-related up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Animal Care Animal-related up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Animal-related up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Social Work / Counseling Animal-related up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta