Corporate Partnerships & Communications Manager
- Experience Level
Georgia Food Bank Association
Corporate Partnerships & Communications Manager
The Georgia Food Bank Association (GFBA) is a nonprofit organization comprised of seven regional Feeding America affiliated food banks who work with more than 2,000 partner agencies, distributing millions pounds of food each week throughout Georgia to hundreds of thousands of individuals seeking food assistance. At GFBA, we assist the food banks in their work by collaborating on strategic issues, advocating and educating on their behalf, and coordinating statewide efforts to help to secure more funds and healthy foods. Together, we lead a statewide effort to end hunger in Georgia.
The GFBA’s Corporate Partnerships and Communications Manager oversees corporate and governmental partnerships and external and internal communications for fundraising campaigns and special events that currently generate more than $1,000,000 statewide for the food banks each year. This role requires a highly strategic communicator and creative fundraiser who has a zeal for cultivating relationships and a heart for hunger relief work.
While this position is based in an office setting, there is flexibility for some telecommuting throughout the week. Our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic, but we will be returning during the summer of 2021.
The individual in this position has the opportunity to travel across the state to meet with high-level strategic partners and food bank staff, and to attend meetings and conferences. The Georgia Food Bank Association is a small but mighty team, and the individual in this position must be highly self-directed and excited about wearing many hats as new projects and opportunities arise. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and works with support from the Director of Strategic Initiatives, and Social Media and Campaign Coordinator, and Executive Assistant.
The primary role of the Corporate Partnerships and Communications Manager includes:
- Lead and grow statewide industry-focused fundraising competitions that engage corporate entities in two-week online peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns; currently including:
- Legal Food Frenzy (legal industry) in partnership with the Office of the Attorney General and the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar
- REALTORS® Fighting Hunger (real estate industry) in partnership with the Georgia Association of REALTORS®
- Accounting Food Fight (accounting industry) with the Georgia Society of CPAs
- Maintain and build relationships with statewide partners for each campaign- Develop communications strategy and create all communications for the promotion of these campaigns; including emails and letters on the behalf of statewide partners, press releases, social media content, website content, donor recognition, etc.
- Help the food banks develop regional task forces of industry leaders in their area to help promote and grow each campaign
- Create resources and best practices for the food banks and their task forces to promote the competitions locally including prospect lists, email and letter drafts, and work with the Social Media & Campaign Coordinator to oversee the creation of social media graphics, flyers, etc.
- Plan statewide kick-off events and volunteer opportunities for each campaign
- Manage and analyze all data and records for the campaigns
- Manage Classy, the online fundraising platform that our member food banks have access to year-round.
- Develop and build peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns for each industry competition; including content, branding, and design
- Innovate the competitions utilizing Classy to increase donor engagement
- Create informational materials that will help the ease of use of Classy for both donors and food bank staff
- Coordinate with the Classy Support Team to empower the food banks to leverage this tool for their overall online fundraising strategy outside of the statewide campaigns by providing best-practice training, resources for crowdfunding and peer-to-peer campaigns, and special events.
- Utilize Classy for GFBA fundraising needs when appropriate (statewide disaster, special events, etc.)
- Support Georgia Food Bank Association’s overall communication strategies:
- Keep the GFBA website and campaign-specific websites updated with current information
- Support the development of a quarterly newsletter for statewide partners and GFBA supporters
- Oversee and manage the work of the Social Media & Campaign Coordinator
- Develop an overall social media strategy to be executed by the Social Media & Campaign Coordinator
- Support state and federal policy and advocacy messaging and communications
- Manage the planning of the Wild Hog Supper, GFBA’s signature annual fundraising event to kick off the Georgia legislative session and celebrate the partnership between food banks and the agricultural community:
- Work with a contracted event planner to plan and implement all logistics of the event
- Secure and renew sponsorships for the event from strategic partners
- Develop a communications strategy to promote the event, including the development of branding and collateral
- Manage and promote ticket sales to the Georgia General Assembly, constituents, community leaders, and the general public
- Organize Georgia Food Bank Association Day at the Capitol event
- Help design messaging strategy and collateral for our Day at the Capitol
- Manage the logistics of the Day, including working with legislative sponsors to deliver informational materials to members of the General Assembly.
- Plan and implement the Hunger Champions Lunch in collaboration with the Georgia Department of Agriculture
- Research and establish new strategic corporate and governmental partnerships that will benefit Georgia’s food banks.
- Support other functions as needed around statewide disaster response, policy work, and any new projects or opportunities that arise.
- At least two years of nonprofit fundraising experience, sales, and/or community outreach
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills with experience drafting fundraising solicitations, press releases, and other professional communications
- Solid relationship-building skills, able to comfortably interface with C-Level Executives and support staff
- Must understand the needs and interests of corporate donors and association partners in order to develop relationships and partnerships between them and GFBA. This position requires experience with:
- Classy or similar peer-to-peer/crowdfunding fundraising platforms
- Mailchimp or similar CRM tool
- Social media platforms and scheduling tools for event and campaign promotion
- Proficiency with Excel or Google Sheets to analyze and manage campaign data
- Wordpress, Beaver Builder, or similar website builder
- AP writing style
- Proficiency with full Microsoft Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience administering WordPress websites
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Lived experience with hunger or experience working on hunger relief initiatives
- Experience working at a nonprofit organization
This position works in a typical office setting and has telecommuting flexibility. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus. Lifting should not normally exceed 10 pounds; however lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs will be required when conducting off-site information fairs. There may be periods of standing and talking for 1-3 hours at a time. Local travel will be required on a consistent basis during certain periods of the year; Statewide travel will be required periodically; must have reliable transportation and valid driver's license.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000 commensurate with experience plus benefits
Please apply directly through the job posting website or send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Agriculture / Food / Nutrition $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Agriculture / Food / Nutrition $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Agriculture / Food / Nutrition $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Agriculture / Food / Nutrition $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta