Strategic Partnerships Coordinator
- Experience Level
Who We Are
Since 1981, Families USA Foundation has been a leading national voice for health care consumers. Through our long-standing relationships of consumer leaders, advocates, and partner organizations across all 50 states and the District of Columbia, we have remained steadfast in our mission – Dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable healthcare and improved health for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient-and community-centered health system.
The Strategic Partnerships Coordinator will support the Strategic Partnerships team to expand existing and secure new partnership opportunities. This position leverages department’s administrative processes, systems, and project management experience to support these existing and new partnerships and other project-related tasks. This role may include research and content-related work on various projects. This position works collaboratively with the various departments and with external coalition partners.
Our ideal candidate will:
General Partnerships Duties & Responsibilities
- Support FUSA’s Partnerships team with a focus on cultivating and enhancing relationships with state and national partners.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for Partnerships team, which include capturing meeting notes, preparing materials, and assisting with webinars, blast e-mails, and ensure internal coordination on products/deliverables.
- Maintain internal database of national and state partners, as well as work with staff to analyze relationships to identify potential new partnerships to pursue as well as partnerships to deepen.
- Draft broad communications, including action alerts, newsletters, and blast emails to partners.
- Assist with the analysis of trends in partner participation and engagement by evaluating FUSA sign-on letters, webinar registrations/attendance, and other metrics to inform department’s strategy.
- Support with event/action planning, including with the annual Health Action Conference, and participation with FUSA’s state and national partners.
- Contribute to the development of a broad range of written materials, including: fact sheets, blogs, talking points, comparison spreadsheets, resource lists, and other products.
- Support and maintain strategic relationships with state and national partners (leveraging existing contacts, frequent phone calls and emails and web research).
Project Roles & Responsibilities
- In coordination with Project Lead, update and maintain project management tools (e.g., Asana) to ensure projects are on track and that colleagues are meeting deadlines.
- Assist with the coordination of work with Communications, Federal Relations, and Policy departments to provide assistance and research for assigned projects.
- Track and analyze state-level trends/legislation/policy/politics (news scanning, web research, additional phone calls) related to project work and the broader healthcare landscape.
Undergraduate degree from accredited college or university and experience in a professional office setting, either through relevant internships or having assumed a similar role through a previous job. Experience in administrative, relationship management or project management. General understanding of the political landscape and issues that are driving the health care conversation within Congress, states/governors, and as a part of upcoming elections. Knowledge of customer relationship management databases (e.g., Quorum, MailChimp, etc.). Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) and project management software. Strong oral, writing, and organizational skills with a keen attention to details.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We offer an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability and life, 403(b), paid parental leave, 3+ weeks’ vacation, nine (9) Federal holidays and our office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, and many more exciting benefit programs.
How to Apply
We encourage qualified candidates to apply online at Families USA’s website and include in your application: your cover letter, resume, and desired salary. Direct hire only – no recruiters. EEO.