Director of Institutional Giving
- Position Type
- Full Time
DIRECTOR OF INSTITUTIONAL GIVING
Since 2004, Games for Change (G4C) has been empowering game creators and innovators to drive real-world change, using games and immersive media that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. G4C partners with technology and gaming companies as well as nonprofits, foundations and government agencies, to run world class events, public arcades, design challenges and youth programs. G4C supports a global community of game developers working to use games to tackle real-world challenges, from humanitarian conflicts to climate change and education.
G4C seeks a Director of Institutional Giving responsible for developing and executing our fundraising activities with corporations, foundations, government agencies and other philanthropic institutions. The Director will also collaborate with the President on expanding G4C’s portfolio of major donors through donor advised funds and family offices. They will play an essential role in generating $3+ million in program and general operating support, and serve as an ambassador with funders and other community partners. This person will report to the organization’s President, collaborate with the Senior Director of Partnerships, and oversee development support staff and interns.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, 10AM-6PM. G4C is currently operating remotely but will transition to a hybrid model in September, 2021. Ability to work in NYC is preferred but remote work may be considered for the right candidate.
- In collaboration with the President and senior staff, design and execute a comprehensive institutional giving strategy to meet annual fundraising goals.
- Oversee an annual calendar of institutional giving and lead on management of G4C’s portfolio of foundations, corporate foundations, and government agencies and support cultivation of major donors, family offices, and donor advised funds.
- Expand the institutional fundraising pipeline; identify, research, and qualify prospective funders, and develop new opportunities with existing funders.
- Work closely with the President to engage board members in institutional fundraising and major giving identifying and managing relationships with key prospective supporters.
- Oversee accurate and up-to-date record-keeping in Salesforce to track research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Collaborate with G4C leadership and program staff to develop proposal concepts and create compelling arguments for support of G4C’s mission and programs.
- Oversee creation and submission of grant applications and lead, write, and manage cultivation emails, letters of interest, grant proposals, reports, presentations, online and printed materials.
- Work with senior staff and accountants on the preparation of proposal budgets and financial documents.
- Develop and maintain relationships with corporate and foundation donors, and facilitate relationships between G4C staff and funders. Represent the organization at events and convenings.
- Ensure compliance and fulfillment of grant requirements, identify and communicate funder requirements to program staff, and work with staff to monitor expenditures and identify variances and scope changes. Oversee reporting to funders.
- Oversee development support staff and interns.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in non-profit institutional fundraising.
- Previous experience in K-12 public education preferred.
- Experience using Salesforce or equivalent donor CRM required.
- Experience with major gifts,family offices and donor advised funds preferred.
- Proven ability to track and manage several projects and processes simultaneously
- Highly effective oral and written communicator with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication styles.
- High level of demonstrated accuracy.
- Exceptionally motivated, organized and detail-oriented; team player with a willingness to help where required.
- Ability to work both under supervision and independently.
- Professionalism and discretion.
- Experience with budgeting,budget development, and basic financial management.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and inclusive environment.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team; work well with diverse styles and personalities.
- Strong commitment to supporting youth and to advancing social impact.
How to apply:
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “G4C Director of Institutional Giving” to Marissa Harts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your resume as an attachment and include your cover letter (which should share what makes you a fit for this role, plus your favorite game to play) in the body of the email.