Summer Program Coordinator
- Experience Level
Tommy Nobis Center Mission: Empowering People Through Employment
Vision: Tommy Nobis Center envisions supportive communities where people with disabilities are afforded the opportunity to work.
Reports to: Manager, Youth Services
The Early Youth Employment Services (EYES) Summer Program Coordinator provides support in developing, scheduling and implementing the education and training services, metric development and program billing for EYES. This role supports the Instructor who teaches the EYES curriculum to high school and middle school students on site and virtually.
This position requires a 2 to 5 day work week, for at least two months. The hours for this position will primarily be on-site/in-person from 8AM and 3PM on weekdays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of services for students in the EYES program, from time of referral to exit.
- Supports classroom instruction with a pre-vocational skills curriculum (career exploration, job readiness, interview skills, etc.) to high school and GED students.
- Maintains effective control and management of classroom.
- With input from Manager, Youth Services, schedules additional Tommy Nobis Center team members to assist with teaching classes and supervision of participants.
- Assists in development of community sites for summer EYES program.
- Completes weekly and monthly status reports for participants.
- Tracks and collects performance metrics and outcomes.
- Assist with the case management and individualized career goals for students, including documentation, data entry and file maintenance.
- Assist with daily delivery of career readiness and educational workshops.
- Assist in planning and running group activities for students.
- Help identify local learning opportunities for students.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in special education, rehabilitation, sociology, behavioral sciences or business administration or related field or pursing degree.
- Interest in vocational rehabilitation, teaching or delivering career/work readiness to individuals with disabilities.
Other Qualifications or Requirements:
- Mission driven, guided by core values and a pleasure to work with.
- High “customer service orientation and youth- focused.”
- Excellent engagement and presentation skills
- Results oriented with ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, accurate in completing work assignments.
- Possess creativity, with an ability to effectively engage youth and build rapport.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with assigned duties.
- Possesses a working knowledge of Windows environment in Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of other office equipment such as copiers, scanners, fax machine, etc.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Prior Experience Desirable:
- Experience working with transition students.
- Experience teaching or delivering instruction in a virtual environment.
- Delivery of job readiness skills training.
- Developing programmatic marketing materials and PowerPoint presentations.