- Experience Level
Early Youth Employment Services Instructor
Tommy Nobis Center Mission: Empowering People Through Employment
Vision: Tommy Nobis Center envisions supportive communities where people with disabilities are afforded the opportunity to work.
The Early Youth Employment Services (EYES) Instructor PRN teaches EYES curriculum to high school students. This role is also responsible for coordinating services with participant schools, referral sources, parent advisory groups and students. The Instructor's hours will be determined by the school(s) assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivery of services for students in the EYES program, from time of referral to exit.
- Teaches pre-vocational skills curriculum (career exploration, job readiness, interview skills, etc.) to high school and GED students.
- Completes and carries out curriculum training.
- Assists with Developing lesson plans for students
- Schedules class times with identified schools.
- Supervises and teaches classes in schools and at Tommy Nobis Center.
- Maintains effective control and management of classroom.
- With input from Program Director, schedules additional Tommy Nobis Center team members to assist with teaching classes and supervision of participants.
- Assists in development of community sites for summer EYES program.
- Develops and completes weekly and monthly status reports for participants.
- Responsible for monthly billing process with referral sources.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in special education, rehabilitation, sociology, behavioral sciences or business administration or related field.
- 3 years’ experience in vocational rehabilitation or teaching role.
- Experience teaching or working with individuals with disabilities.
Other Qualifications or Requirements:
- Mission driven, guided by core values and a pleasure to work with.
- High “customer service orientation.”
- Results oriented with ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, accurate in completing work assignments.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with assigned duties.
- Possesses a working knowledge of Windows environment in Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of other office equipment such as copiers, scanners, fax machine, etc.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Prior Experience Desirable:
- Experience working with transition students
- Delivery of job readiness skills training
- Developing programmatic marketing materials