Substance Abuse/Mental Health Counselor
- Degree Level
The mission of Mary Hall Freedom Village, Inc. (MHFV) is to empower women, children, veterans, and families to end the cycle of homelessness, addiction, and poverty.
Headquartered in beautiful Sandy Springs, Ga. near the Chattahoochee River, and with seven facilities across metro Atlanta, Mary Hall Freedom Village has been transforming lives of clients in need for the last 24 years. It was on June 1, 1996, the founder, Lucy Hall opened the doors to her first 2 clients. Here, 24 years later Mary Hall Freedom Village is serving 250 participants and 80 children across 7 programs. MHFV has transformed the lives of over 15,000 individuals, not to mention their families and communities. We strive to continue breaking the cycle of homelessness, addiction, mental illness, and poverty.
If you believe in the empowerment of women, children, veterans, and their families, please consider the employment opportunity below.
We are seeking a Substance Abuse/Mental Health Counselor to serve as Mary Hall Freedom Village Program Services Counselors for our Clinical Department. In this role, you will be providing quality care including mental and substance abuse treatment services including individual, group and family counseling, as well as comprehensive assessment, planning and overall evaluation of our clients’ needs. Your role will be pivotal in creating pathways for our clients to learn to deal with medical, psychological, and social issues on their road to recovery. Being bi-lingual in Spanish would be a plus for one of the roles.
- Counseling clients individually and in- group sessions to help them overcome alcohol and drug dependency.
- Determining the nature and degree of client problems such as personal and family adjustments, finances, employment, food, clothing, housing, and physical and mental impairments. Assisting them to learn ongoing strategies to cope and rise above such problems.
- Interviewing clients and developing individual treatment plans with clear goals and objectives for them to work on
- Counseling family members to assist them in dealing with and supporting for their loved one.
- Refer clients to other support services as needed such as medical evaluation and treatment, social services, and employment services.
- Monitor condition of client to evaluate success of therapy. Adapt treatment plans as necessary.
- Prepare and maintains reports and case histories.
- Utilize EHR to make progress notes, individual notes, treatment plans and discharge plans.
- Formulate and conduct programs to promote the prevention of alcohol and drug abuse.
- Required to work one evening shift per week.
Qualifications: Candidates must be able to pass a fingerprinting background check and drug test. They must also have a good 3- year Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree (MA/MS/M.Ed) with 5-10 years related experience and/or training in a clinical setting (behavioral health facility or psychiatric hospital); Candidates MUST be licensed by the State of Georgia as a counselor, social worker, or marriage and family therapist.
Computer Skills: To perform this role successfully, you will need knowledge of, and be moderately skilled using the Microsoft Office Suite.
Salary: $41,300 per year/ $19.86 per hour
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal time off
- Paid Holidays
- Financial Assistance for Educational Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement, Jury Duty, Family, and Medical Leave
Please apply if you believe you can make a difference in the lives of our residential participants and you have the qualifications, education, and experience to perform this role well.
Mary Hall Freedom Village is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)