Conservation Marketing & Development Advocate
- Experience Level
The Utah Rivers Council is looking for an energetic individual with strong communication and organization skills and a solid work ethic to help lead our outreach work to protect some of the West’s most important aquatic ecosystems. The Conservation Marketing & Development Advocate works to bring resources and individuals to our campaigns to ensure the organization is successful in protecting rivers and creating sustainable water policies. The Conservation Marketing & Development Advocate will help lead our fundraising and marketing efforts.
Develop, maintain and coordinate foundation fundraising including preparing and submitting foundation grants. Meet grant application deadlines, prepare follow up thank you’s, post grant reports and conduct general correspondence. Specific activities include:
- Research new foundation prospects
- Track foundation deadlines
- Write and submit grants
- Follow up with correspondence and appropriate input
- Ensure thank you letters and grant reports are prepared in a timely manner
- Maintain foundation files
Help manage membership fundraising, major donor relations and identify and help cultivate new donor prospects. The Conservation Marketing & Development Advocate will produce targeted emails, mailings and correspondences and create new prospect lists. Specific activities include:
- Orchestrate and implement the annual membership appeal
- Prospect within membership base to increase donor support
- Follow through with requests for support and acknowledgments as appropriate.
- Establish a calendar of meetings and solicitations for the Executive Director
The Conservation Marketing & Development Advocate will help manage virtual events and meetings of the organization largely hosted by other URC staff.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Good writing skills are essential.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate ideas with enthusiasm and credibility.
- Computer skills necessary.
- Self-direction, self-motivation and integrity.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Positive, enthusiastic person.
- Good task management with good personal organization skills.
- Enjoys leading and being part of a team.
More information about the Utah Rivers Council can be found at www.utahrivers.org
To apply for this position, send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to:
Utah Rivers Council 1270 East 8600 South Suite 16 Sandy, Utah 84094
Email applications will also be accepted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Marketing and Development Advocate Position
PLEASE No phone Calls.
More searches like this
- Conservation Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Salt Lake City
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Salt Lake City
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Salt Lake City