Social Media Coordinator and Photographer
- Experience Level
Position Summary: The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for creating and posting engaging, high-quality content (primarily videos and photos) for the DeKalb County Animal Services social media pages. This role is responsible for creating, facilitating, responding and joining relevant conversations on behalf of LifeLine on various social media and online channels. Working closely with the marketing/communications team, this position will promote the needs of the shelter through strong branded social media content creation, increase LifeLine’s social media footprint, and highlight lifesaving programs and initiatives. This position is very hands-on with the animals in our DeKalb shelter in order to create videos and photographs that capture the pet’s personality and drive adoptions, donations and awareness.
- Create interesting and engaging video and photo content for LifeLine social media platforms. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Google Business, and Nextdoor)
- Photograph and write bios for shelter animals’ online adoption listings.
- Inform and interact with others within the community.
- Address customer feedback and concerns in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with shelter departments to develop content that assists with adoptions, donations and volunteer activities. Work hand-in-hand with marketing team to support LifeLine events, programs and initiatives.
- Promote positive conversations and escalate any concerns to marketing/communications and shelter team.
- Help post, promote and oversee content on internal Facebook groups to inform and engage our internal supporters.
- Work with volunteer content teams to coach and leverage content for social media channels.
- Create graphic and video design elements for various content needs including presentations, flyers, videos, campaigns and more.
- General understanding of shelter operations and ability to help the Placement Team when needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skill, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements:
- Detailed knowledge of photography, videography experience. Must be familiar with manual camera functions
- Excellent and professional written communication skills
- Experience with various social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok
- Professional experience using social media for business success a plus
- Flexibility to react to changes in shelter priorities
- Animal handling and behavior experience.
- Must love animals and be able to handle large dogs comfortably
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus