Accounts Payable Specialist
- Experience Level
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are guided by a passionate, ambitious vision for the future for people and our planet: until justice stands for all, we will never rest. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The primary responsibilities for this role will focus on invoice processing, expense report processing, and coordination and reconciliation of the corporate credit cards and would report to the Accounts Payable and Payroll Manager. This role can be located in San Francisco, CA.
Accounts Payable (85%):
- Review, ensure invoices for required approvals and accurate coding, and enter payables into accounting system
- Work closely with Accounting team to ensure accurate processing and provide reconciliation details as needed
- Monitor expiring and failed payments in Bill.com and contact vendors if necessary
- Maintain valid and accurate vendor database and AP records for both Headquarters and regional offices
- Monitor organization-wide vendor W-9 and W8ben submissions
- Research and respond to Accounts Payable inquiries
- AP Aging review in NetSuite, compare to AP Aging in Bill.com and research and resolve discrepancies
- Reconcile AP with vendor statements to ensure the proper AP records
- Responsible for accurate and timely execution of monthly AP close
- Coordinate and reconcile corporate card expenses, including collaboration with business partners, as well as integration between Concur and NetSuite
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Communicate in a professional manner with external vendors or company’s employees regarding invoice status and payment matters; perform necessary research and resolution of disputed items
- Assist with organization of AP records
- Process employee expense reports in both Concur and NetSuite
Audit & Compliance (5%):
- Assist with internal and external audit requests for annual audit by providing invoice and payment information and doing research if necessary
Diversity, Development and Professional Training (10%):
- Engage in DEI Department workgroups with staff from all levels of the organization.
- Actively participate in affinity group meetings, diversity lectures, etc.
- Maintain professional development training e.g., Advanced Excel, coaching, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required or 2-3 years of experience performing accounts payable duties
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience in AP and expense report processing
- Ability to effectively communicate and positively interact with people both internal and external to the organization
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Experienced computer user, including proficiency with Netsuite, Concur, Excel, and Word
- Able to work and think independently
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Display adaptability, flexibility, and Ingenuity
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills across a variety of audiences
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range in San Francisco, CA: $75,500-$83,900
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit the following via Jobvite:
- Cover Letter
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles:We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.