- Experience Level
Georgia Muslim Voter Project is currently seeking an experienced Organizing Director to join its team and help us build power for American Muslim communities in Georgia. The Organizing Director will report directly to the Executive Director and will work with other GAMVP staff to coordinate, manage, and execute comprehensive community organizing programs to build a civically engaged base of American Muslims in Georgia. The Organizing Director will manage a team of community organizers, program staff, and work on strengthening relationships with community leaders and organizations. This position is for a person knowledgeable about the Muslim community and voter registration process in Georgia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build on existing community organizing programs and create plans to expand outreach through relational organizing, volunteer recruitment, and events
- Facilitate in the creation of civic engagement outreach-focused and educational public facing materials
- Oversee the successful achievement of annual and quarterly goals in voter registration, education events, and other metrics to be discussed
- Help develop nonpartisan strategies and tactics for long-term organizing
- Manage a team of community organizers and help them achieve their organizing goals
- Manage a team of program staff and implement voter contact programs during local, state, and federal elections
- Oversee volunteer recruitment, retention, and engagement programs with support from organizing and program staff
- Management of internal activist and voter databases to track supporters, volunteers, and members (VAN, EveryAction, Hustle, etc.)
- Participate in and represent GAMVP in coalition-building efforts and campaigns with partner organizations, especially during issue-based campaigns
- Build on existing community partnerships and work to establish new opportunities to work alongside community leaders and organizations
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Experience and Skills
- A minimum of three years of grassroots community organizing experience with issue-based or community organizations, including two years of experience working during electoral cycles
- Proven ability to supervise team members, while providing opportunities for growth and accountability
- Experience organizing in Muslim, immigrant, or across other communities of color
- Proven skills in relationship-building among community partners, and other stakeholders
- Commitment to social justice and social change through capacity building with people of color and marginalized communities
- Commitment to the values of the Georgia Muslim Voter Project
- Ability to produce consistent, high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Dependable, detail-oriented, and well organized – able to multitask, meet deadlines and adapt to the changing political dynamics
- Experience working with 501(c)3 is preferred but not required
- Additional language skills are preferred, but not required
Position Type and Salary
Organizing Director is a Full-Time, exempt, permanent position based in Atlanta, GA. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The salary range for this position starts at $55,000, and is negotiable based on experience and qualifications. In addition to salary, a stipend to cover the cost of private health insurance will be added.
Send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional/relevant references to Shafina Khabani, Executive Director of the GAMVP, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Georgia Muslim Voter Project (GAMVP) is a non-partisan, non-profit (501c3) organization created to increase political participation among American Muslims and educate our communities about the importance of voting. The mission of GAMVP is to educate Muslims in Georgia to register to vote, show up to the polls, and increase voter turnout in elections through voter education, registration drives, and grassroots organizing. We believe that in order to cultivate lifelong voters, we truly need to engage voters in every local, state, and national election. We envision an active, engaged American Muslim voting bloc, capable of upholding the equitable rights of American Muslims.
The GAMVP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. All are encouraged to apply.