- Experience Level
OCAF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Board of Directors of the Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation (OCAF), located in Watkinsville, Georgia, is conducting a search for the next Executive Director. OCAF promotes cultural arts and artists, and provides art education to the citizens of Oconee County and the northeast Georgia area. OCAF is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity.
The Executive Director is the principal relationship manager for all stakeholders. As the external face of the organization, he/she will be expected to represent OCAF to the public, donors, sponsors, partners, artists, volunteers, and program participants. The Executive Director has the overall operational responsibility for the execution of the mission of the organization as set forth by the Board. He/she will lead the organization’s management team (staff, consultants and volunteers) to ensure the operational requirements and strategic objectives are achieved in a financially sound manner. Emphasis should be placed on financial sustainability, growth, community relations, art/education programming and volunteer support.
Towards these ends the priority of the Executive Director include:
- Establish strong working relationships with volunteers, sponsors, partners and the community at large
- Establish an external presence and become the face of OCAF to the community
- Amplify efforts to cultivate and secure private and public funding through sponsorships, memberships, donations and grants
- Ensure the momentum and continued development of key organization programs
- Develop and monitor the budget and financial projections
- Advise the Board of the financial and operational progress of the organization along with potential opportunities and/or concerns
Key Responsibilities Communications and Public Relations
- Increase the visibility of the organization and communicate OCAF’s mission
- Establish relationships with local businesses and other organizations to market Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation, (OCAF).
- Create personal and business relationships to garner new opportunities for sponsorship and collaboration.
- Enhance all aspects of communications including the website, social media, newsletters, etc. with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Prepare a monthly Director’s Report for the Executive Board regarding ongoing activities, opportunities, and potential problems.
- Solicit opportunities to speak to organizations or civic groups regarding the mission of OCAF.
- Coordinate press releases and interviews with the press.
- Coordinate tours of the facilities upon request.
Finance and Budget
- Oversee the finances and ensure fiscal responsibility and security
- Secure sponsorships
- Manage the budget associated with the general administration of the organization and operations and maintenance of the facilities
- Initiate and oversee for the research and preparation of grants, endowments, planned giving, etc.
- Review and evaluate Event Proposals and Event Budgets for programs and events prior to presentation to the Executive Board for approval.
- Develop and manage a Membership Committee that actively works to increase individual, associate, and business membership.
- Maximize OCAF purchasing power.
Leadership and Management
- Oversee the business operations of the organization and the management team responsible for the day-to-day operations.
- Ensure a culture among the staff team whereby members are supported, empowered, and held accountable to achieve stated goals and results.
- Actively engage and energize Volunteers. Provide feedback and positive reinforcement.
- Work with committee chairs to plan, organize, and implement successful fundraisers, openings, exhibitions, programs, classes and campus. Ensure adherence to timelines and budgets.
- Coach, develop, and evaluate personnel on an ongoing basis.
Planning and Marketing
- Set goals, priorities, and timelines.
- Follow through on actions and commitments identified and approved by the Executive Board.
- Ensure coordination of all marketing materials for classes, events, promotions, memberships, sponsorships and newsletters.
- Provide the Executive Board attendance and financial statistics along with an evaluation on programs and events with an emphasis on the successes and community contributions.
- Plan social media campaigns and work to increase online profile.
- Coordinate the usage and maintenance of OCAF facilities.
- Advise the Board of any potential facility improvements needed to support organizational programs and growth.
The above is intended as a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director. These responsibilities may be expanded. Bachelor's degree and demonstrated support of the arts required. Previous not-for-profit management experience strongly preferred. Must be high energy, detail oriented, multitasker in order to be successful.
To insure complete consideration, please send resume’ and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 20, 2021. For more information about OCAF, visit www.ocaf.com.