Camp Programs Manager
- Experience Level
To apply, please e-mail one PDF containing a cover letter and resume to Christina Cummings, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Camp Hope Manager” and your name in the subject line.
Kidz2Leaders (K2L) is a nonprofit ministry that exists to break the cycle of incarceration by providing stability, opportunity, and a Christian community for children of inmates and their families. We help them rise above their circumstances, teach them to become leaders, and provide a life of hope through Christ-centered programming in a loving environment. Camp Hope, an annual, six-day overnight camp, begins at age eight and is the entry point into more than a decade of program opportunities for our youth. The program continuum expands to include leadership development, career and life skills training, higher education scholarships, individual mentoring, an alumni community, and family support services.
The Camp Programs Manager role is new to K2L. This team member will be responsible for the planning and execution of all Camp Hope sessions (two to three per summer), as well as spring and fall overnight retreats and camp-related events. The CPM is part of our program team focused on helping youth grow in their faith, develop a Biblical worldview, and pursue the plans God has for their lives.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Hourly rate based on experience. Minimum of 30 hours per week in office Monday through Thursday, plus additional hours for programs (some evenings/weekends).
- Manage the registration, screening, and training processes for all participants in Camp Hope, including campers, teen volunteers, adult volunteers, and additional teaching and support roles.
- Support the recruitment of Camp Hope campers and volunteers, in partnership with the Community Relations Manager.
- Oversee all camp session logistics, including creation of program schedule, procurement of supplies, transportation of supplies, camper transportation, etc.
- Serve as primary liaison between K2L and any camp partners or outside vendors (host facilities, transportation companies, special guests).
- Attend all programs and oversee operations, as well as serve as point person for volunteers.
- Recruit, hire, and manage the summer staff team, with support from Associate Director.
- Ensure that all data collection tools are appropriately distributed during programs (camper surveys, volunteer surveys, etc.).
- Plan and execute one to two family retreats per year, including coordination of facilities, activity scheduling, transportation, volunteers, and supplies.
- Plan and execute and annual Camper2Counselor retreat and/or training day.
- Support the planning of special events for campers and their families throughout the year, including Easter Picnic, Back-to-School event, Hope4Christmas, and annual community supply drives, in conjunction with the Family Support Manager and Community Relations Manager.
- Ensure program policy manuals are updated annually and distributed as needed.
- Track data relevant to camp programs as needed for reports to stakeholders.
- Maintain information on participants in camp programs in the K2L database.
- Support other K2L initiatives as assigned.
- Directly manage seasonal summer program staff.
- Provide support to all program volunteers.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of professional experience supporting a nonprofit/church/ministry.
- Alignment with K2L Statement of Faith and Guiding Principles.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Exceptional administrative skills (data entry, maintaining files) – attention to detail and organization.
- Experience and confidence with public speaking skills to groups of all sizes and ages.
- Availability for evening and weekend work to attend all camp programs.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: Regularly required to talk and hear. Required to stand, walk, and sit. Required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms. Required to operate personal vehicle. Employee frequently lifts and or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
To apply, please e-mail one PDF containing a cover letter and resume to Christina Cummings, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Please include “Camp Programs Manager” and your name in the subject line.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta
- Volunteer Services Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta