- Experience Level
POSITION TITLE: Director of Programs
LOCATION: Roswell– Drake House HQ
SUPERVISION: Executive Director
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
Our Mission: The Drake House provides a lifeline of supportive housing and enrichment programs for single mothers and their children who are experiencing homelessness in north metro Atlanta.
Our Vision: The Drake House will be an integral part of the community, facilitating financial security and housing stability.
The Director of Programs is a key member of The Drake House’s leadership team and is responsible for the development, delivery, and monitoring of all service programs offered to The Drake House (TDH) and The Drake Village (TDV) residents as well as the After-School Program. This position supervises, mentors, directs, and assesses all Program staff. The Director of Programs is responsible to ensure that all service offerings are in keeping with the mission of TDH and meet both trauma-informed care, in compliance with state/federal regulations, grant requirements, safety/security standards, best practices in family services. This position, in coordination with the Executive Director, proposes strategic program direction and priorities. TDH provides major medical insurance to full-time employees after 90 days of continuous service.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise program coordinators and other program staff to ensure that all TDH and TDV programs are delivered in a consistent, quality, and results-driven manner.
- Identify, hire, train, mentor, and evaluate all paid staff working within Programs
- Provide an escalation process in problem-solving and decision-making in situations exceeding staff authority or responsibility levels.
- Provide support and guidance to social work staff regarding family selection, family progress, family challenges, and transitions.
- Schedule and implement weekly life-skills classes to include: developing curriculum, securing speakers, and identifying volunteers, as needed.
- Provide input to Executive Director regarding Programs budget, monitor cost controls, and ensure all program purchases are approved
- With the Intake Coordinator, maintain ongoing supportive relationships with all referral partners and identify new referral sources.
- Develop staff through effective delegation, motivation, and communication.
- Provide program information needed for grant submissions
- Provide collaborative channels that include program and non-program staff
- Stay current on the latest HUD (Housing and Urban Development) guidelines, homeless trends, and research
- Represent TDH in community groups, business associations, industry summits, as requested by ED
- Represent Program staff in responding to Board requests or questions
- Participate in site visits for funders and potential funders, community leaders, etc.
- Attends TDH Staff meetings, Program meetings, and events as requested
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Master's degree in Social Work with 10+ years experience working with indigent families
- Must display an enthusiastic passion for the Drake House mission
- Must be service-minded, demonstrate a genuine concern and empathy for the needs of others
- Must be knowledgeable on and dedicated to the challenges of homelessness
- Must be able to effectively lead others using developed management skills
- Must be an effective delegator, identifying and utilizing the skills/knowledge of others
- Must be able to quickly build trust relationships
- Must demonstrate proven responsiveness and problem-solving abilities
- Must be adept at planning and helping others to set goals
- Self-starter with the ability to organize, establish priorities, and manage multiple assignments
- Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must display effective time management skills, both for self and those being supported
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and display flexibility and adaptability as priorities shift
- Must have a professional presence and be able to communicate and relate effectively with a variety of individuals, treating each person with politeness, diplomacy, respect, and courtesy
- Must be an effective networker who can effectively interact with community partners
- Must have overall business sense to effectively align operational and financial goals and priorities
- Ability to be innovative and creatively seek process improvements
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office 365