Assistant, Reproductive Rights & Health
- Position Type
- Full Time
The National Women’s Law Center seeks an Assistant to provide administrative support and occasional program support to the Reproductive Rights & Health team. The Assistant is an integral member of the Reproductive Rights and Health team, providing critical administrative and systems support. This position supports the team’s programmatic work, which addresses a wide range of issues including birth control, abortion, refusals to provide health care, health equity, health insurance, and quality of care.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice—in the courts, in public policy, and in our society—working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us—especially women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For almost 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women. Find out more at NWLC.org.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for the Vice President for Reproductive Rights & Health and the RRH Team at large, including proactive calendar management; coordination of calls/emails, travel, and meeting logistics; processing of invoices and expense reports and expediting contracts through the internal review and approval process.
- Coordinates team meetings and schedules internal and external meetings for the Vice President and for other RRH team members as needed.
- Assists with conference, event, and meeting organization, preparation, and execution.
- Prepares correspondence and other documents for distribution, including formatting fact sheets and flyers in InDesign.
- Arranges travel for the Vice President for Reproductive Rights and Health and others as needed.
- Posts and formats content on the NWLC website using WordPress.
- Provides support for legislative communications and outreach and litigation, including formatting, managing sign-on's for, and filing amicus briefs.
- Assists in responding to inquiries and requests for information from individuals across the country on reproductive rights and health issues.
- Identifies and implements systems to keep RRH files organized and RRH website content updated.
- Supports team with web-based, legislative, and other research on reproductive rights and health issues and drafting accompanying materials, such as blog posts for NWLC’s website.
- Provides organization-wide assistance as needed, e.g. limited back-up for receptionist.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in an administrative capacity, ideally for a senior executive, preferably at a non-profit organization or related field;
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including experience scheduling meetings in Outlook and managing spreadsheets in Excel;
- Strong office skills including attention to detail, proofreading, and excellent written and oral communications skills, including ability to keep others informed of status of work;
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and complete work independently;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines;
- Flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner; and
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team setting and to manage projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- A Bachelor’s degree or at least two years of undergraduate coursework.
- Experience with InDesign and WordPress.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working on gender and racial equity and centering communities of color in their approach to work.
The Assistant will report directly to the Vice President for Reproductive Rights and Health and will work with members of the RRH Team and colleagues across the National Women’s Law Center.
Compensation & Benefits
A minimum salary of $46,690 will be provided to the successful candidate having experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, and four weeks of annual vacation.
NWLC recognizes a staff bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in NWLC’s bargaining unit. Specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications, resume, and three references with current contact information. Resumes should include exact start and end dates (month and year) of employment. Please send application materials via e-mail to: email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.