- Experience Level
Women on the Rise seeks a Development Director to fundraise the organization’s annual budget. Work with the Executive Director to ensure the financial health and long-term sustainability of the organization and oversee and implement a grassroots fundraising strategy. Our rapidly growing organization is currently financially healthy with most of the funding from foundation partners and a brand-new grassroots fundraising base. This position will take the place of a development consultant and is ideal for someone who is able to take initiative in a fast work environment to grow our organization’s fundraising strategies to scale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and execute annual development strategy and plan to raise over $1 million annual budget in partnership with Executive Director;
• Maintain fundraising calendar for organization;
• Establishing and maintaining an organizational database (for members, community groups, alliance members, grassroots, individual donors, and foundations;
• Maintain understanding of current funding landscape and work with Executive Director to diversify funds or consider other ideas for long-term sustainability of organization.
• Handle all aspects of grant writing and reporting;
• Maintain active grants calendar with deadlines;
• Work with fiscal sponsor to obtain financial reports or other documents needed to submit to funders;
• Research new grant opportunities and foundations;
• Maintain strong relationships with foundation partners and program officers in partnership with Executive Director.
• Manage grassroots fundraising strategy and identify new ways to grow individual donor base including recurring donor program, fundraising events or new partnerships;
• Manage online fundraising pages, recurring donors and individual giving through Action Network;
• Collaborate with Executive Director and other staff to identify and build relationships with new donors;
• Maintain relationships with existing major or recurring donors, partnering with Communications staff on donor cultivation and communication through newsletters and social media;
• Ensure timely thank you of donors.
• Draft Annual Report;
• Collaborate with newly formed Advisory Board as needed;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 5+ years development experience.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Proficient with MS Office applications and CRMs.
• Proficient with social media platforms.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Civil Rights / Advocacy $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Advocacy / Lobbying Civil Rights / Advocacy $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Civil Rights / Advocacy $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Research Civil Rights / Advocacy $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta