Community Organizer, Full-Time
- Experience Level
The Asian American Advocacy Fund (AAAF), a 501(c)(4) organization, is currently seeking experienced individual(s) to join its team in the position of Community Organizer, Full Time. The individual(s) selected as a Community Organizer will report directly to the Organizing Director and will coordinate with other AAAF staff to plan and coordinate outreach programs within local ethnic communities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain relationships between the AAAF and local leaders and organizations
- Organize and conduct educational and informative outreach programs geared toward promoting ideals and issues important to the AAAF
- Collaborate with and support the communications and social media teams as a community expert
- Educate and promote awareness of elections and key issues to community members through digital and in-person outreach
- Support the development of in-language outreach and provide translation as needed Prepare and present regular reports to the Organizing Director on the progress and status of community outreach programs and projects
- Other duties as assigned
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Candidates should have the ability to create and maintain partnerships in the GA AAPI community
- Candidates for the position must be capable of working independently and with limited supervision
- Candidates for the position should be familiar with and enthusiastic about the goals and objectives of the AAAF
- Candidates for the position should be comfortable with initiating discourse with a wide range of individuals within their assigned communities
REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION
- Must be able to fluently speak one of the following languages: Vietnamese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean
- Due to the nature of the position, candidates must have access to reliable transportation
The AAAF’s office, located in Norcross GA, is open for work by employees who choose to come to the office. While most work is still remote, we hope to reopen fully in the late summer or early fall of 2021. AAAF provides PPE for employees and follows a firm safety protocol for all staff members and office visitors.
POSITION TYPE AND SUMMARY
Community Organizer Full Time is a Full-Time position based in Atlanta, GA that will pay an annual salary of $45,000 with fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits.
To apply, send a cover letter/email with the subject line “Community Organizer Full Time”, include a resume, outlining your interest, experience, and skills to Vyanti Joseph, Organizing Director, at info[at]asianamericanadvocacyfund[dot]org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
The AAAF is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. All are encouraged to apply.