Victim Services Advocate - Domestic Violence & Animal Cruelty
- Experience Level
Position Announcement and Job Description
Victim Services Advocate
Ahimsa House, Georgia’s only nonprofit organization focused on addressing the connections between domestic violence and animal abuse, announces an open position starting in June, 2021 for a Victim Services Advocate. Must have prior domestic violence service experience. This is a full time, exempt, direct services delivery position based in our Tucker, GA office with some travel within the state. This position requires some evening and weekend hours. The Victim Services Advocate will report directly to the Victim Services Coordinator and will be responsible for sharing duties in the following:
- Answer 24-hour crisis line and assist victims of domestic violence with their pets, including safety planning, program intake and placement.
- Provide staff backup for crisis line volunteers during overnight and weekend hours on a rotating basis.
- Coordinate cases via telephone and email, serving as liaison between clients, veterinarians, foster homes, boarding facilities, and other agencies; perform follow-ups with clients and other agencies.
- Process incoming volunteers and maintain volunteer database.
- Recruit, train, manage and coordinate volunteers.
- Maintain on-call calendar of volunteers.
- Coordinate logistics of pets in program including transports, vet appointments, foster home or boarding facility placement.
- Maintain detailed records and data for services provided.
- Maintain lists of partnering agencies.
- Foster and create relationships with partnering agencies, such as veterinarians, boarding facilities, and domestic violence shelters.
- Transport pets as necessary.
- Supervise student interns.
- Attend Family Violence Task Force meetings.
The Victim Services Advocate may also:
- Provide professional training to domestic violence workers, law enforcement, animal control agencies, etc.
- Coordinate and attend outreach events and staff booths at community events.
- Help plan and participate in fundraising activities.
- Plan and execute outreach projects to professionals.
Salary is $35,568 with benefits package. Flexible work environment in a small organization doing big things. Our ideal applicant is an animal lover, comfortable with cats, dogs of all sizes and breeds and other pets; familiar with the link between domestic violence and animal abuse; holds a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Sociology, Psychology, Social Services, or related field; is flexible, able to put in nights and weekends as required and able to adapt to the unpredictable environment of a 24-hour emergency services program; has a valid driver’s license and safe driving skills; is able to lift 50lbs; is effective in written and oral communication; and is proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with answering crisis lines and/or case management is a plus.
This position is open until filled. Send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. No phone calls please. NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY Ahimsa House does not discriminate by reason of race, sex, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
More searches like this
- Animal Care Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker
- Social Work / Counseling Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker