Development Data Coordinator - Temporarily Remote due to Covid-19
- Experience Level
About This Position: The Development Coordinator is an essential part of the First Book team, providing critical support for the Vice President of Development, Director of Development, and the Development department which raises funds from and with individuals, foundations, and community volunteers in support of the organization’s goals and mission.
The position demands the highest attention to detail, the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced multi-function environment, a desire to work efficiently and improve systems and processes, and a passion for internal and external customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage/oversee donor database in Salesforce including the accurate entry of all donation information into database (manual and automated)
• Generate and customize donor acknowledgement letters and other correspondence to ensure timeliness of communications to donors.
• Create, customize, and manage all donor lists, fundraising and revenue reports, and dashboards using Salesforce, Classy, and Pardot, ensuring data accuracy.
• Creation and maintenance of campaigns in Salesforce and Classy.
• Work proactively with the Finance department to ensure accuracy in donation records, including assistance with reconciliations.
• Assist with donor relations, donor communications and campaigns, and grant applications and reports.
• Proactively contribute to problem-solving, team brainstorms, strategic and operational planning exercises.
• Represent Development team at internal interdepartmental planning, data management, and IT meetings.
• Manage the prioritization process of Development tickets with IT department.
• Research and create detailed profiles for major donor and foundation grant prospects.
• Manage the development of standard protocols and systems management.
• Various administrative duties and other tasks as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Associate’s or equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience with Salesforce required; Salesforce Admin Certification or equivalent experience is a plus. Salesforce NPSP Certification strongly preferred.
• Fundraising or nonprofit experience highly preferred; customer service experience a plus.
• Experience with Classy or comparable peer to peer fundraising system, Pardot or comparable email and list management system, and/or Confluence and Jira for knowledge and case management a very strong plus.
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Desire to collaborate to build a robust development program.
Those who thrive at First Book tend to possess these qualities:
• Highly detail-oriented, loves problem-solving and working with systems.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong and patient presence on the phone.
• Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and multi-task with ease.
• An entrepreneurial spirit, this is core to First Book’s DNA. Must be a tenacious self-starter with intellectual curiosity.
• A passion for First Book’s mission and vision for the future.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, and a cover letter that details your interest in the position. If you need assistance applying please contact us at email@example.com / 202-499-5935.
See what First Book has been up to!: