Learning and Evaluation Associate
- Position Type
- Full Time
International hotelier Conrad N. Hilton established the grantmaking foundation that bears his name in 1944 to help people living in poverty and experiencing disadvantage worldwide. Today, the work continues, concentrating on efforts to improve early childhood development outcomes, support older youth as they transition from foster care, ensure opportunity youth can access career pathways, prevent homelessness, identify solutions to safe-water access, help integrate refugees into society and lift the work of Catholic sisters. Additionally, following selection by an independent, international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $2.5 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to an organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. The Foundation is one of the world's largest, with assets recently growing to approximately $7.5 billion. It has awarded grants to date totaling more than $2 billion, $207 million worldwide in 2020. Please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org for more information.
Reporting to the Senior Learning and Evaluation Officer (SLEO), the Learning and Evaluation Associate (LEA) will be an integral part of the Strategy, Learning and Evaluation Division (SLED), supporting Evaluation, Research and Learning activities to ensure our grant performance monitoring and strategy evaluation efforts reinforce organizational learning. The LEA will also work with our Program, Grants Management/Knowledge Management, and Communications teams to support the Foundation's collaborative commitment to continuous learning and improvement throughout the organization and in partnership with external stakeholders.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Learning and Evaluation Officer, support program Initiative teams in grant performance measurement, evaluation, and learning.
- Assist Program Initiative teams in developing grant project objectives and measures in the Foundation's grants management system as part of the grant approval process.
- Provide technical assistance to grant partners around the creation of and reporting on grant objectives, outputs, and outcomes as part of the grant approval process.
- Coordinate process for the development, sourcing, and management of third-party research and evaluation grants and contracts, including sector strengthening grants.
- Support preparation of annual dashboards for internal reviews with the Board and Program Committee.
- Support ongoing research, evaluation, and learning activities as part of Program Initiative's individual Learning Agenda plans.
- Coordinate planning and implementation of learning activities with program staff.
- Support the implementation of internal systems and processes (including grantee reporting templates, internal analysis processes, and third-party research and evaluation partner plans and reports) that enable greater learning, reflection, and strategy improvement.
- Support with preparation of SLED deliverables, including Board Materials.
- Coordinate evaluation and research-related events, such as internal and partner meetings.
- Remain informed of current research, evaluation design and methodologies, activities, and trends in the issues related to learning and equitable evaluation, for the purposes of advising, and where appropriate integrating into Program Initiative activities.
- Assist with the preparation of materials that communicate evidence and engage staff and stakeholders in learning activities, including slide decks and data visualizations.
- Maintain and update internal resource platform (Hub).
- Support collaborative learning across program areas through the organization of internal peer-based learning exchanges and the cross-pollination of evaluation approaches, methods, and lessons learned between program teams.
- In collaboration with Communications, support the creation of multimedia learning products (ex., video, infographics, briefs, etc.) that effectively share learning with internal and external audiences.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in social sciences, evaluation, nonprofit management, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the non-profit sector or a private entity with a social mission.
- Experience in nonprofit performance management, learning, evaluation, or compliance systems.
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation, including the development of program performance measures.
- Excellent writing skills and the critical thinking skills to analyze and summarize reports.
- Strong oral communication and relationship-building skills; interacts with others in a professional and diplomatic way.
- Solid organizational skills, able to effectively manage and prioritize workflow to meet deadlines, and is highly attentive to detail.
- Works well independently and collaboratively within a team and demonstrates a high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, and flexibility to meet the needs of the role.
- Ability to continually seek information and look for new approaches to processes and practices.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office and database experience.
- Experience with database management and statistical analysis software (SPSS, R, SAS, other.)
- An understanding of grantmaking and the nonprofit sector.
- Knowledge of grants management software a plus.
About our Benefits
We value the health and well-being of our employees, some of the benefits we offer include:
- Comprehensive and generous health and life insurance options
- Fitness benefits
- Paid holidays, time off, and parental leave
- Flexible work schedules and technology benefits
- Foundation-funded retirement savings plan
- Professional learning and development and educational assistance
- Employee matching gifts to qualified non-profit organizations
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/DoapMlILBOGbcGghqogY