Marketing & Communications Specialist
- Position Type
- Full Time
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Global Village Project (GVP) seeks a Marketing & Communications Specialist who shares an excitement for refugee girls’ education and a passion for building impactful communications through storytelling. This team member will play a key role in strengthening GVP’s brand presence by combining the power of stories with strategies to support our visibility, engagement, and fundraising goals.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist will serve as a member of our Development & Volunteer team, reporting to the Director of Development. They will also work closely with our Administrative Leadership & Support team to create consistent messaging across stakeholder groups. As a lead strategist in our communications approach, the Marketing & Communications Specialist will craft powerful narratives around GVP’s impact that amplify the strengths and voices of our students and alumnae.
- Co-create and execute a project calendar and overarching vision for marketing, communications, and branding activities with the Development & Volunteer team.
- Coordinate the development, design, printing, and distribution of various digital and printed materials in support of community engagement and fundraising.
- Manage GVP’s social media and email marketing activities with a focus on inspiring connection and action, including producing relevant content, segmenting audiences, tracking and measuring outcomes, and reporting on results.
- Draft and edit compelling messages for diverse audiences and purposes.
- Capture student and stakeholder stories in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Ensure GVP’s website remains engaging and up-to-date.
- Work closely with teammates in crafting messaging, activities, and marketing and communications strategies for fundraising events.
- Develop creative designs that incorporate photos, videos, and graphics that bring our mission to life and inspire action.
- Build out and maintain analytics tools to assess and report on the effectiveness of our marketing strategies.
- Contribute to a culture that values community, collaboration, and lifelong learning.
- Other duties as required.
- Passion for empowering and educating refugee young women who face structural barriers to their education.
- Knowledge of branding, communications, and marketing principles combined with a flair for storytelling.
- Proficiency in multiple communications channels including email and social media.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once, with attention to detail and high standards for work quality.
- Excitement about working as part of a small but mighty Development & Volunteer team, collaborating closely with one another and other staff.
- Self-motivated and proactive commitment to ongoing learning and improvement, both as an individual and as part of a whole staff team.
- Proficiency working with multilingual, multicultural communities and a personal commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 3+ years of marketing/communications experience on behalf of an organization or group.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong eye for design; experience in the production of graphic collateral and/or print design projects a plus.
- Experience with web content management
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Ads, and social media analytics
- Understanding of or willingness to learn digital marketing tools
Job Type: Exempt, Full-time
Starting salary is $40,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, and a generous PTO policy. GVP provides the opportunity to work within a vibrant community dedicated to teaching and learning, social justice, and service. We are located in downtown Decatur, across the street from the Decatur MARTA station. The position requires a criminal background check.
About Global Village Project:
Global Village Project is the only school in the U.S. dedicated to meeting the unique educational needs of recently resettled refugee young women. Accredited as a special purpose middle school, GVP serves refugee students who live in Clarkston, Georgia - one of the most diverse cities in the nation. The school’s full day academic program serves 40-50 students, ages 11-19, and students pay no tuition. Building on our students’ existing strengths, skills, and voices, Global Village Project supports them in becoming highly successful students and empowered citizens. As such, GVP also serves as a model and thought leader in the field of refugee education.
GVP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, social class, marital status, national origin, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We especially encourage applications from women, people of color, and those with refugee and immigrant backgrounds who are excited about contributing to our mission.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Marketing & Communications Specialist” in the subject line. Resumes and cover letters can also be mailed to Global Village Project c/o Denise Reidy-Puckett, P.O. Box 1548, Decatur, GA 30031. Applications will be reviewed as they are received through May 17th.