Director, Strategic Initiatives & Partnerships
- Experience Level
The Director of Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships (SIP) will be responsible for developing and executing a highly strategic, innovative, and collaborative plan to identify and engage critical community stakeholders who share a commitment to the ongoing need for evidence-based, medically accurate adolescent health services to improve health outcomes for teens and young adults. The Director is an “on the ground” role, helping communities, especially those in vulnerable areas, be strategic with their health improvement efforts for teens and young adults. By liaising with GCAPP’s multiple partners, the Director helps communities in assessing their strengths and specific adolescent health needs identifying varying improvement efforts, so that the lives of young people – from their knowledge to their health choices – are impacted positively.
The Director will oversee the organizational strategy to secure the engagement of constituent and stakeholder groups, across a diverse and statewide footprint, and driving for results that build opportunities for GCAPP program implementation in local communities. The Director develops and establishes strategic partnerships with external partners from the youth support ecosystem (nonprofit, education, healthcare, business, human services, faith-based, philanthropic, and government sectors) to expand and strengthen GCAPP’s stakeholder and partner relationships for organizational impact and growth.
This role will be knowledgeable of a wide range of advocacy, government affairs, development, marketing, and programmatic skills, including the development and execution of partner support requirements via content, co-promotion, event activation, and partnership efficacy reporting. These skills will be essential so that the Director can create short and long-term plans for partner retention and identification of new partnership opportunities. This is a growth-focused role for an experienced and proven relationship manager, client service professional or similar background, with the opportunity to pursue results-focused partner management goals with clear key performance indicators (KPIs). This position reports to the President and CEO.
- Assure operational plans for partnership development objectives approved in the GCAPP strategic plan are developed and implemented.
- Develop, execute, and manage successful partnership strategies to enable and activate GCAPP’s geographical expansion plan and accelerate progress toward accomplishing strategic goals.
- Implement a community based participatory approach to engage constituents and key stakeholders in county level convenings, action teams, and coalitions with a focus on improving health outcomes for adolescents.
- Build, maintain, and improve relationships with various beneficial entities within the nonprofit, government, business, public health, and education sectors to support the delivery of program focus areas.
- Research, identify, and outline a partner prospecting plan to grow the range and size of GCAPP strategic partnerships.
- Partner with the Communications Department to prepare marketing materials reflecting GCAPP’s operating model, proprietary point of difference and value to strategic partners for pursuit of prospects.
- Develop a comprehensive list and calendar of key delivery dates for strategic partner requirements, including program cycle timelines and reporting dates, major partner activation events, and GCAPP events with opportunity potential for relationship management and cultivation.
- Leverage GCAPP board members, advisory board, donors, and partners to connect with key stakeholders and constituents.
- Lead the ideation, preparation, and delivery of tactical and strategic updates on strategic partnerships requested by the leadership team, board of directors and other priority partners.
- Identify champions of adolescent health in local counties to expand GCAPP services.
- Educate partners on the value proposition of GCAPP to drive partner relationships and collaboration opportunities that support the mission, goals, and objectives of the organization and local community.
- Represent GCAPP and its interest with member associations, coalitions, and networks.
- Meticulously track partner outreach, correspondence, input, and requirements in partner database, including meeting notes and tasks.
- Develop, disseminate, collect, and report all financial and program management requirements for formal partnership agreements received.
Government Affairs and Advocacy
- Work closely with the Government Affairs and Policy Consultants to invigorate and strengthen the government relations activities taking place at the state level.
- Provide hands-on, daily management of the state agency partnerships and state funding efforts in support of GCAPP programs.
- Assist consultants in monitoring, interpreting, and disseminating information on policies and actions of state government that impact adolescent health and well-being.
- Partner with consultants to implement cultivation and stewardship programs for state government officials.
- Cultivate and leverage relationships with city/town, county, and state officials and leverage for the implementation of GCAPP’s youth advocacy strategy in partnership with the Programs & Training department.
- Collaborate with consultants and Communications department to develop and implement a “grass roots” adolescent health education and awareness campaign for key state and local government officials.
- In partnership with consultants, organize and coordinate an annual state Legislative Event with the GCAPP Board of Directors, staff, and key stakeholders.
- GCAPP senior leadership team
- GCAPP board of directors and advisory council members
- Partners and key stakeholders from the non-profit, education, healthcare, business, human services, faith-based, philanthropic, and government sectors
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience supporting and interacting with C-level executives, including Board of Directors
- Exceptional skills in the areas of interpersonal interactions, professional discretion, confidentiality, and accountability
- High degree of initiative and strategic problem solving
- Proven track record of partnership management/client service experience, including customizable programs and initiatives to drive business performance
- Strong interest in and understanding of GCAPP’s mission
- Effective networker and experience in strengthening relations with partners across the full range of disciplines, including communications and sponsor relations
- Excellent verbal and written communications, especially adept at developing and pitching persuasive development presentations and execution plans
- Able to work effectively as part of a small, proactive team
- Ability to work for extended days and on weekends during critical points in program cycles or for major planned events
- Experience tracking key deliverables and following up on outstanding items
- Highly organized multi-tasker who can manage competing priorities
- Willingness to travel, when appropriate
- Solid project management skills
- High sense of individual accountability
- Ability to set and manage expectations at all levels
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinker
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Solid judgement and ability to handle confidential information and situations
- Sharp organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to formulate a clear point of view
- Embraces diversity
- Successfully manages complex, emerging projects
- Meets critical deadlines
- Ability to anticipate needs
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology software programs that maximize efficiency
- Has strong working relationships and partnerships
- Collegiate, team player, organized, good listener
- Proactive with a strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to work with strong personalities and different work styles
- High sense of self awareness
- Ability to give, ask for and accept feedback
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Health / Medical Youth Development Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Public Policy / Administration Youth Development Full Time jobs in Atlanta