Events & Activations Manager
- Experience Level
Events & Activations Coordinator
100 Black Men of America, Inc.
Founded in 1963, the mission 100 Black Men of America, Inc. (The 100) is to improve the quality of life within our communities and enhance educational and economic opportunities for all African Americans.
We do this by serving as a beacon of leadership by utilizing our diverse talents to create environments where our children are motivated to achieve and empower our people to become self-sufficient shareholders in the economic and social fabric of the communities we serve.
Revenues: $5-10 million
For more information, please visit www.100blackmen.org
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Events & Activations Manager will possess a positive attitude that will assist our organization in hosting events that enhance our organization's image, improve donor loyalty, and enhance our brand-to-client experience. The Event & Activations Manager will be tasked with researching and securing venues, planning and managing our program events' calendar, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on event objectives. Their creativity, organizational skills, and vision will assist our organization in amplifying brand visibility, enhancing donor and employee relations, and improve our organization's growth through events that effectively communicate business strategy and brand personality.
The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, and excellent time-management. The Event & Activation Manager should reinforce positive relations, improve the organization's image, and effectively deliver on event objectives.
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the project/event planning process, including collaboration with subcontractors, venue identification, menu development, and budget tracking.
- Plans foundation events in coordination with management, vendors and volunteers
- Ensures all fundraising events are within budget, meet financial objectives, and appropriately represent the Foundation to the donor community
- Responsible for event logistics including venue, registration, vendors, staff, event committees, consultants and volunteer matters. Events include Conferences, webinars, dinners, receptions, trainings and other smaller events.
- Works with multiple parties to initiate, plan and execute the events: Hotel contacts, local chapter contracts, events committee, key volunteers and the UPS registration team.
- Management of the volunteer program: recruit, train and supervise
- Manage sponsor activations during Foundation events
- Manage event registration process and systems
- Create summary reports of each event outlining how data gathered from current events can be used to develop successful future events
- Train chapters on effective program and member events execution
- Cross-training in other departments will be an integral part of this position
- Support of the annual meetings to ensure its success
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, or a related field
- 5+ years' event management experience with a premium on managing multi day and multi-track events in multiple venues concurrently
- Proven track record of identifying and maximizing event opportunities
- Working knowledge of event management software and databases
- An ability to lead and motivate volunteers, and maintain positive client relations
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attendance and be must be accountable for quality of work
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Overnight and weekend travel required (currently paused due to COVID)
- Possess valid driver’s license with driving record acceptable to FFB insurance carrier
- Must be a self-starter who requires little to no supervision to meet organization's goals
- Excellent time management and communication skills required
- High energy and passion for The 100’s mission is essential
- A professional and resourceful style; with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at one time
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Self-reliant, good problem-solver, and results oriented
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive
- Willing to roll up his/her sleeves; not dependent upon an army of support staff
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.