- Experience Level
AGENCY: SOLOMON’S TEMPLE FOUNDATION
JOB DESCRIPTION: COOK
WORK HOURS: 11A-7P/WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS
Position Description: This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the kitchen and dining room to include preparing daily nutritional meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack while following federal and state guidelines for the program. Must be creative and have knowledge on preparing meals with limited resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of general principles of menu planning, purchasing, modification of recipes, preparation of foods. Knowledge of inventory control procedures, procurement and storing of food items and supplies. Knowledge of the practices, methods and procedures of volume food preparations; food values, characteristics and nutrition; personal hygiene, food handling, sanitation and safety precautions.
- Ensure a clean a safe and clean environment to prepare and serve meals to Homeless Families.
- Supervise Families to ensure all chores are done appropriately and complete.
- Be able to lift and un-load food and supplies.
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment appropriately and safely.
- Compile and prepare nutritional program reports.
- Enter daily meal services in Pathways.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, supervision, and training and development opportunities.
- Maintain all appropriate certificates.
- Other duties assigned related to food services.
Working Environment & Equipment Used: The job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting (50 pounds maximum), carrying, pushing and/or pulling; some climbing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; and significant reaching, handling, speaking, writing, hearing, and fine finger dexterity; frequent standing, walking, and sitting, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. High volume of work and strict adherence to workload may be stressful. Extensive travel in small aircraft required.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Certificate from an accredited college, technical and/or vocational school, food service/dietary management, culinary arts or a closely related area preferred.
- Must be serve safe certified.
- Ability to provide a professional environment and attitude when serving the public
- Flexibility, strong approach to teamwork
- Ability to work successful with limited supervision.
- Proof of a valid and current driver license, current auto insurance, acceptable motor vehicle report and a dependable vehicle
- Proof of citizenship – copy of social security card.