Chief Financial Officer
- Experience Level
Integrated People Solutions is an executive retained search firm that has been retained by AnitaB.org for their Chief Financial Officer role.
AnitaB.org is a global nonprofit organization based in Belmont, California. Founded by computer scientists Anita Borg and Telle Whitney, the institute's primary aim is to recruit, retain, and advance women in technology.
The institute's most prominent program is the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference, the world's largest gathering of women in computing, from 2002 to present.
At AnitaB.org, they envision a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for whom they build it. AnitaB.org connects, inspires, and guides women in computing, and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
AnitaB.org’s social enterprise supports women in technical fields, as well as the organizations that employ them and the academic institutions training the next generation. A full roster of programs help women grow, learn, and develop their highest potential.
Women transform technology.
With the help of their partners and sponsors, AnitaB.org helps women make significant contributions to technical fields.
AnitaB.org’s programs and awards highlight the accomplishments of women technologists and recognize organizations building innovation-driven teams. Their events and communities enable women to network with their peers and mentors and support one another along their career paths.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer plays a critical leadership role in the financial stewardship and growth at AnitaB.org. As a key member of the AnitaB.org leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer plays a strategic role in the overall management of the organization and directs all aspects of the Finance, Accounting, and Analytics across this global non-profit. This is a highly visible role that includes frequent interaction with executive leaders, Board of Trustees, and other key internal and external stakeholders. This role also drives change management through process, systems, and reporting improvements to provide more transparency and visibility into current and future financial results. The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for mentoring and inspiring a team by leading with quality, ethics and rigor.
Deliver FP&A and accounting guidance to the AnitaB.org leadership team for all aspects of the business, including conferences, sponsors and partners.
Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the Chief Executive Officer informed of critical issues; provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
Maintain and provide accurate financial reporting records to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Trustees.
Lead collaboration on cost efficiency initiatives, providing the financial framework to support decisions and to analyze results.
Lead the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
Lead the development and maintenance of the long-range plan for AnitaB.org, incorporating the financial impacts of company strategies and initiatives.
Lead the development of accounting, credit/collection and internal control policies and systems and address related policy/system issues.
Participate in the analysis of the financial implications of proposed capital projects and expenditures and recommend appropriate measures to respond to projected economic trends.
Develop and maintain a business intelligence framework for reporting and data analytics.
Communicate goals, metrics, and progress to key stakeholders.
Lead and mentor direct reports to execute against company, functional and personal goals.
- 15+ years of FP&A experience in a non-profit environment.
- Experience as a Chief Financial Officer at a mid-sized company ($25M to $100M in annual revenue) or have extensive experience at a Vice President or Senior Director level at a larger firm ($100M to $300M in annual revenue or more).
- Exceptional results orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership, in a lower-resource environment.
- Extensive experience in complex planning (Annual Operating Plans and Long-Range Plans).
- Outstanding analytical skills and a proven ability to connect data analysis with business issues and decisions. Advanced Excel and modeling skills.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or related business field, MBA strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and people management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative, entrepreneurial DNA with strong work ethic
- Superior professionalism, discretion and judgment.