- Experience Level
Harder+Company Community Research seeks a Research Consultant to join our team of researchers and corporate staff. We are committed to advancing equity and providing community-based, action-oriented evaluation and capacity-building services to a broad range of social sector organizations.
As a Research Consultant you will:
- Lead research projects from start to finish, including the design, development of data collection tools, data collection, analysis and interpretation, and translation into accessible reports, presentations, and other products;
- Manage project budgets, scopes of work, work plans, and timelines for a diverse range of projects, including large and complex projects;
- Use various facilitation and engagement approaches to develop and manage client relations effectively and strategically, understand and address client needs, ensure client satisfaction, and increase the capacity of the client organization;
- Lead teams of various sizes by creating a shared vision and team approach to providing evaluation, community needs assessment, capacity-building, and community engagement services;
- Foster inclusive team norms where power is shared and is regularly attuned to, and address manifestations of racial inequities, biases, tokenism, microaggressions, and power dynamics;
- Effectively manage your workload and delegated work, collaboratively delegate work amongst team members, and provide and encourage supportive and constructive feedback with colleagues;
- Advance the organization’s values and commitment to antiracism, wellness, learning, and knowledge sharing; and
- Support business development by contributing to activities such as proposals, building professional networks, and delivering high quality services to clients.
Who We Are Seeking
Applied Research Skills: You have at least six years of applied research experience applying your technical skills to multiple research methods and content areas.
Collaborative & Dynamic Work Style: You enjoy working in teams and contributing to project goals and outcomes and are able to quickly pivot across projects and tasks. You are also highly communicative and regularly communicate with your project teams.
Social Sector Experience: You have experience and are passionate about working with non-profits, community-based organizations, and foundations and/or public agencies to help them toward their vision, and have a strong commitment to advancing social and racial justice.
Diverse perspective, equity focus & intersectional lens: You can describe your professional and personal equity journey related to undoing racism, you bring and share your unique perspective, you value and elevate the experiences and perspectives of others, and you draw from your personal and professional experiences to make contributions to your work.
Education + Experience: You have at least a bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field and relevant applied research experience within the social sector.
More About Harder+Company
Who we are: Harder+Company helps public agencies, foundations, and nonprofits learn about their impact and sharpen their strategies to advance social change. Since 1986, we have blended sophisticated research methods with real-world insights to help clients better understand their work. Among other things, our consultants conduct rigorous evaluations, guide learning processes, help clients engage community members, and advise clients on strategies for the future. For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.harderco.com.
How we do our work: We use creative, culturally-responsive approaches to engaging communities and building the capacity of our clients and their partners. We engage our clients as partners to ensure that our approaches meet their needs and the needs of their stakeholders. Our dynamic, inclusive consulting approach allows our clients to reflect and develop new strategies over time. Our clients see our engagements as an opportunity to improve and leverage new information to strengthen programs and create lasting systems change.
Anti-racist journey: Our team is committed to being anti-racist. In doing so, we acknowledge that the systemic racism that permeates systems and structures in our society is also present in our organization. We are committed to actively work against racism in our organization and in our consulting practice. Our anti-racism organizational plan leads with race and recognizes intersectional identities (e.g., gender identity, sexual identity, ethnicity) that impact how we work together and with our clients.
We value our personal connections with our colleagues and community. Currently, due to the State of California’s physical distancing guidelines in response to the coronavirus pandemic, the majority of our staff is working remotely across the metropolitan areas in which we operate (Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego). Thus, we are flexible in the location of this position, including being 100% remote.
This position is full time with a starting annual salary of $80,000, commensurate with experience, plus a benefits package including medical, dental, vacation, holiday, retirement, professional development and more!
As a company, we value diverse experiences and embrace and depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission. We are actively seeking a pool of candidates that reflect those core values Harder+Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.