Senior Vice President, Accounting and Finance
- Experience Level
- Manages accounting team which maintains the financials and general ledger for OFN and its subsidiaries and produces the annual audit for OFN.
- Maintains and improves the technology and operational systems to support growth and efficiency of OFN’s accounting and financial tracking, including implementation, updates, and integration of all technology platforms which support financial and accounting management (e.g., MIP, TEA, Salesforce, C-vent).
- Coordinates with other OFN teams to ensure compatibility and data accuracy across systems.
- Implements, reviews, and improves financial/accounting policies and procedures. Manages cross training and back-up systems for Accounting team.
- Manages compliance activities with SEC, state, corporate, and funders and investors, as required.
- Support CFO on critical financial functions including financial projections, operating budget, asset-liability management, covenant compliance, finance committee support, and investor reporting.
- Supports and coordinates with finance and accounting staff across the CDFI industry on new accounting rules and other issues which effect the industry (e.g., implementation of new CECL accounting rules)
- Ensure that the accounting staff is functioning with effective financial systems and evaluate performance that work processes are sound and timely in providing useful information.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10 years of work experience in lieu of a degree; Graduate Degree a plus.
- 10+ years professional experience in accounting, financial services, or related field required, CPA a plus.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience required and demonstrated experience with cash management; compliance, budget development required.
- Experience in management of nonprofit financial systems highly beneficial.
- Must possess a strong passion for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision, and values. In addition, be a fearless advocate, who is confident and resilient in OFN’s fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- A collaborative team player who possesses the interpersonal skills to work across all levels of the organization, humility, and a willingness to learn in all areas of our work. Be a strong team contributor, effective and comfortable in leading as well as supporting roles within teams.
- Be a smart, quick seeker of knowledge with the ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to analyze results and assist in implementing plans for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational ability required with a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including interacting and partnering with a diverse range of internal and external constituents, key stakeholders and audiences, as well as the ability to effectively communicate and present financial performance and expectations.
- Financial, market, and qualitative analysis skills required with the ability to interpret and administer accounting policies and procedures documents in accordance with appropriate regulations required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and lead professionals in variety of functional areas through influence.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, operate in a face paced environment with fluctuating priorities, and delegate tasks effectively required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop and write original communications, policies and procedures, reports and forms is required.
- Digital literacy and ability to navigate workplace technology.
- Light to moderate travel required (15% of time).
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $125,000 -$150,000 annual commensurate with experience.
This is a management position
This is a full time position