Coordinator, Meeting Services
- Experience Level
Founded in 1934, the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) is a not-for-profit, professional association committed to advancing the specialty of rheumatology. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, this medical society serves over 7,700 physicians, health professionals, and scientists worldwide who work in the medical subspecialty of rheumatology.
The College along with its interprofessional division, the Association of Rheumatology Professionals (ARP) aims to empower the professional rheumatology community by providing education, advocacy, and practice management tools.
The ACR is a unique non-profit organization looking to offer its employees opportunities to exhibit their commitment to accountability, creativity, and initiative. To find out more about the ACR, please visit www.rheumatology.org.
The Rheumatology Research Foundation was founded by the ACR in 1985 as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. The ACR and Foundation have a management agreement, whereby the ACR provides the Foundation with a variety of management services, including staffing, access to and use of computer and other equipment and appropriate space at the ACR's Executive Office.
TITLE: Meeting Services Coordinator
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Meeting Services Senior Specialist
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position works as a part of our Meeting Services team within the Education Department and supports the Meeting Services team with all aspects of event scheduling, logistics, production services, budget coordination and support for all meetings and events across the College. This position is responsible for working with a broad range of teams, including business owners/program managers, communications, product teams, and other departments as they are coordinating and executing various day-to-day logistical activities including management of supplies and equipment, processing of invoices, maintenance of event records and documentation, arranging travel and lodging for staff and vendors, assisting with onsite logistics. The person in this role must possess exceptional attention to detail and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides budget assistance to Event Ops and by extension to Project & Program Managers for all meetings. Duties include but not limited to:
- Executing the logging process for all logistical related invoices following guidelines/instructions from Event Operations and Meeting Services Senior Specialist
- Process invoices and bills for meetings and events, including charges posted via credit card
- Assist Event Operations with reconciliation and reporting as requested
- Provide on-site logistical support to Meeting Services Team for all meetings as requested/assigned by Meeting Services Senior Specialist and/or Sr. Director, Meeting Services.
- Maintain equipment rentals, supply orders and packing/shipping of materials for all meetings.
- Maintain inventory of supplies; assemble shipping manifest and pack supplies for annual meeting/professional meeting/education team.
- Manage, order, and disseminate special session medals/trophies and ship to award recipients.
- Arrange fulfillment of swag/giveaways using details/instructions provided by Education Marketing & Communications when applicable. Scope includes all meetings including Education Department Educational Meetings, Committee Meetings and In-House Meetings from placing orders to arranging shipment and payment.
- Provide support for the entire Education department for all meetings by managing inventory of supplies and shipping/receiving supplies for various meetings/events. Relevant duties include:
- Maintaining inventory of supplies for ACR staff and meetings/events (including badge ribbon inventory) – place orders on behalf of staff and track through to delivery
- Order and manage shipment of supplies for ACR meetings including Annual Meeting, Professional Meetings and Committee/Sub-Committee meetings
- Place orders as requested by staff and ensure shipment/delivery of supplies is completed on time as requested. Coordinate with Event Operations to confirm receipt onsite at events
- Process invoices/bills for supplies in a timely manner and in accordance with ACR policies
- Maintains, creates and/or updates event databases and records for all meetings
- Maintains record of event specifications, including financial details
- Responsible for coordinating overall meeting file maintenance to include baseline event orders/banquet event forms, meeting request forms, direct billing applications, budgets and invoicing logs, meeting participant lists, meeting concessions and standards
- Assists Meeting Services Team with documenting / recording meeting minutes for all meetings publishing within 24-48 hours in defined format with accuracy and minimal typos/errors.
- Creates and updates master events/meetings calendar across the College and their status in the event life cycle using workflows, and event management ticketing systems (i.e. meeting requests, contracting, facility CSM assignment, invoicing etc.)
- Updates and coordinates internal Meeting Services Form and converts to RFPs, shares sourcing summaries, assists in execution of Meeting Services assigned meetings and assists staff on committee meeting execution as needed
- Contributes with moderate impact to continuously improve event capabilities to enhance attendee experiences, event efficiency and loyalty
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and workflows
- Create tickets for ACR Marcomm and/or vendors as requested by Education Marketing & Communications, Meeting Planner or Sr. Director Meeting Services in support of Marketing & Communications deliverables for all meetings.
- Participate in the user acceptance testing of various technical components of meetings/events including registration, system accessibility, syllabi accessibility, credit claiming and transcripts for all meetings as requested.
- Works with Membership and other College-wide teams on maintaining lists for VIP/incentive access for use for registration, swag/promotional items, etc. for all meetings.
- Arranges all travel and hotel accommodations for necessary event vendors and staff for Annual Meeting
- Assists with Education Departmental meetings and schedules as needed
- Schedules Meetings Services team meetings and stand-ups
- Supports leadership to build a unified team mindset (coordinate staff schedules and travel for meetings/events, schedules team exercises and trainings, team activities and meetings as needed)
- Up to 40% travel required to fulfill job responsibilities which may include evenings/overnight and weekends
- BS/BA in related discipline with two to three (2-3) years’ experience in event planning, project management and/or special events execution
- Prior experience working in/with national medical association educational meetings is a plus
- Strong project management skills with a focus on meeting deliverables and deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word is required.
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills with the ability to work professionally and effectively with multi-level staff, volunteers, members, and vendors tactfully and efficiently
- Detailed-oriented and a self-starter with the ability to work under limited supervision, effectively organize and exercise judgment in completing responsibilities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work - maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines and always strives to complete work correctly the first time
- Clear oral and written communication including experience communicating with internal and external teams that may involve project coordination, information sharing and resolution of problems
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds on a routine basis required
- Familiarity with: App development using Crowd Compass and Cvent platforms, registration site development (Cvent), online meeting scheduling software options, project management software (SmartSheet, MSProject, or similar), virtual meeting software applications such as Zoom, Ring Central or similar preferred.
- Experience with virtual meeting platforms such as Pathable, VFairs, 6Connex, Intrado or similar, and presentation software such as Keynote and Prezi is a plus
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.