Project Manager - IMBB
- Experience Level
Operation HOPE is dedicated to financial dignity and inclusion. We equip young people and adults with the financial tools and education to secure a better future—coaching them through their personal aspirations and life’s challenges, and facilitating their journey to financial independence. This position will provide project management for the development of digital strategy products and onboarding new projects / clients.
Operation HOPE is currently seeking a PROJECT MANAGER (PM) for our 1MBB Initiative to ensure all aspects of the initiative are completed in the most efficient and effective way. The primary role of the PM is to lead the planning of our projects and keep all projects moving toward completion utilizing best practices in project management to make our projects successful.
PROJECT MANAGER ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Process & Procedure Development: Constantly assess activities, responsibilities and the internal and external environment in order to identify the need for policies and procedures. o Develop a project management plan/process/procedure for onboarding new clients/projects/volunteers o Develop a project management plan/process/procedure for developing digital learning
- Project Planning: The PM will collaborate with team members to develop project plans that will achieve the goals and objectives of the project and align with the organization’s overall strategy. Project planning responsibilities include:
- Assemble and lead teams o sequencing events
- schedules, timelines and deadlines o communication with stakeholders o resource allocation o quality monitoring o progress monitoring o reporting & documentation o risk identification
- Project Execution: The PM ensures the team has clarity around roles and objectives, and provides the team tools to collaborate and keep the project progressing. The SrPM guides the team through regular meetings and stand-ups and documents all updates.
- Project Monitoring: The PM will be responsible for tracking progress and quality control throughout the duration of the project. o Problems will inevitably arise in a project. The PM needs to be ready for them and work toward resolving them with the team quickly so they don’t take the project off-track.
- To make sure a project is progressing as planned the PM will create baselines and compare those metrics against the plan created. Things are going to change along the way and the PM will adjust or consult with the team to make adjustments to accommodate these changes.
- Budget: When appropriate, the PM will monitor the actual spend against a planned budget. When discrepancies arise, the PM will collaborate with the project lead (and/or CFO) and the team to adjust accordingly.
- Reporting and Documentation: We currently use Podio and Trello for project management. The PM will be responsible for creating and maintaining these tools. The PM will also create reports as needed for the team and stakeholders.
- Retrospectives: After each project, gather the team for a retrospective look at the project. What worked, what didn’t work and what should we do differently next time. In partnership with leadership and development teams, adjust the process and practices accordingly.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and/or Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 3-5 years of professional experience in project management ● Experience in content/online learning development preferred
- Require experience in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Prefer experience managing learning and development projects with client engagement
- Proficient in Microsoft products, Google G-Suite and Project Management software – Podio and Trello preferred ● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced and dynamic environment where you may experience moving deadlines, some ambiguity and varying risk factors ● Embody these characteristics: o a relentless work ethic and personal drive
- makes wise decisions
- exceptional organization skills – both detailed and thorough o skillful at prioritizing and independent time management o explain your thoughts and ideas well both in writing and verbally o intentionally listen and seek to understand others o ability to drive work to completion o ability to work with teams across various geographic locations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO STATEMENT Operation HOPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach. Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.