Dating Violence Prevention Advocate
- Degree Level
This professional is responsible for the development and oversight of all community-based teen dating violence prevention programming. This position provides overall coordination of PADV teen dating violence prevention education throughout metro-Atlanta and statewide.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide dating violence prevention programming.
- Represent PADV on committees as requested and approved by PADV.
- Provide leadership, support and oversight to the Teen Dating Violence Advisory Board.
- Update dating violence presentations and curriculums as needed.
- Provide leadership in coordinating and developing all components and programmatic content for PADV’s annual Teen Summit.
- Build relationships with community partners to facilitate the delivery of dating violence prevention programming.
- Work with middle and high schools to build relationships that facilitates presentation of dating violence curriculum.
- Work with colleges and universities to continue and expand dating violence prevention programming in these communities.
- Assess and provides to PADV the needs and opportunity for new and expanded dating violence prevention programming.
- Develop content for PADV’s teen social media sites.
- Research and maintains current statistical data on dating violence.
- Ensure community requests for dating violence presentations are fulfilled.
- Develop and consistently updates community resources for teen and young adults.
- Build and maintain excellent professional relationships with staff, volunteers and community partners.
- Meet all PADV data collection, data entry and reporting requirements.
- Comply with all PADV contract/grant/licensing requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with program and curriculum development.
- Knowledge of domestic violence and its impact on victims, especially children and youth.
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Experience in prevention education.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.