- Experience Level
Tri-City Volunteers is seeking an experienced and mission-driven Program Manager that can build upon and improve TCV’s operating efficiency. You will develop an effective team with a focus on better service to families facing hunger throughout Southern Alameda County. The job is varied, challenging and fun. You will be a senior member of our small but dedicated team!
Who We Are
Established in 1970, Tri-City Volunteers Food Bank is a non-profit organization that provides food assistance to the residents of Alameda County. We are the largest client-direct food bank in the area. We serve up to 6,000 individuals EVERY MONTH through our marketplace and bag lunch programs and with COVID-19, those numbers have risen exponentially. With a staff of 6, a volunteer force of almost 1,900, and a cash budget that barely breaks $600,000, we are extremely efficient in distributing over 6 million pounds of food annually. We serve all low-income residents of Alameda County. Many of our clients come from migrant families, are under-employed, or are facing unemployment due to disability, a lack of relevant work skills, or other barriers.
What You’ll Do
The Program Manager is responsible for the effective distribution of over 6 million pounds of food annually through the successful creation and implementation of the daily food distribution programs. The position manages all aspects of volunteer staffing and supervision, enhances the client experience while ensuring that food is safely and efficiently distributed.This management-level position ensures that all available resources are effectively utilized including directing the work of the Volunteer Coordinator and Mobile Pantry Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position provides on-site supervision of all food distributions and participates in Board committee meetings as needed.
What You’ll Bring to TCV
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three (3) years programs and/or operations management experience
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience
- Minimum of two (2) years providing excellent customer service to diverse, low-income communities and/or successful community engagement with community-based organizations serving low-income communities
- Demonstrated success in creating, implementing, and managing innovative and inclusive programs
- Strong computer skills with significant experience with sophisticated databases (preferably participant or customer relationship-management focused)
- Experience in managing vendor contracts/grants, budgets, and related efforts
- Comfortable with change management.
- Proven conflict resolution and de-escalation training/skills.
- Insurable driving record
- High level of organization skills and an attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication/listening skills
- Ability to solve problems in an ever-changing environment, high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced coursework in systems management, service operations management, retail/ hospitality management, marketing or social services or related field.
- Multi-lingual in Spanish and/or Asian languages
- Experience in client-facing social services nonprofit organization. Food Banking experience a plus.
- Operations and supervisory experience in food supply chain or emergency food systems
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of southern Alameda County, including the Union City – Newark- Fremont corridor
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-orientation- able to interact effectively, politely, and productively with all types of people from all types of backgrounds and experience and in all types of situations. Comfortable working with non-English speaking and culturally diverse clients.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation toward constant innovation and process improvement.
- Strong team player with the ability to balance operational and organizational needs
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt on-site position working Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (remote work is not available). The non-negotiable starting salary for this position is $70,000 annually.
TCV offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage: TCV pays 100% of employee premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage.Employees may opt to pay premium(s) to add their dependents to our plans.
- Paid Time Off (PTO):Employees are eligible to accrue up to 72 hours of paid time off and 24 hours of paid sick leave in your first year
- Paid Holidays: Ten (10) paid holidays annually
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter please sure to include the following information to help us consider your application:
- Where you're located in the world
- A phone number where you can be reached
- How you heard about the position
- Whether or not you have the permanent, unrestricted, legal right to work in the United States, as TCV cannot sponsor visas at this time.
No phone calls please.
Tri City Volunteers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the TCV complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Posting Date: 04/27/2021
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Human Services $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Fremont
- Food Service Human Services $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Fremont
- Program / Project Management Human Services $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Fremont
- Volunteer Services Human Services $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Fremont