Jr. Account Executive
- Position Type
- Full Time
Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 (ATL-PBA) and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Jr. Account Executive
Summary: This position sells the services/products, brand and/or reaches trade agreements for PBA (WABE 90.1 FM, ATL PBA TV & related Digital Assets such as Streaming Audio, Website Display Ads & Podcasts) under the supervision of the Senior Vice President of Underwriting & Corporate Support. Works on projects and business relationship with accounts while exceeding customer’s expectations. Sells PBA brand and services using technical, organizational, and customer service knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Research customer needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner by:
- Determine marketing/account strategies & goals for product and service.
- Obtaining & coordinating data & information from staff and member groups.
- Researching and developing lists of potential customers.
- Doing market research to determine customer needs & providing information to other staff.
- Evaluating product & service marketability in terms of customers’ needs
- Following up on sales leads and developing leads.
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and developments that effect target markets.
- Establishing & maintaining industry contacts that lead to sales.
- Working with sales support and staff to establish a communication path.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner by:
- Developing sales and marketing proposals for customers on products and services.
- Making presentations to users.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of activities & industry trends.
- Making regular sales calls (either in person or thru “Zoom” or “Teams” as appropriate) to develop relationships and follow up on leads.
- Acting to close deals & finalize contracts.
- Meeting established sales quotas and revenue goals.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Producing regular reports & final plans for Supervisor’s approval.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of strategic plans and procedures to coordinate market plans.
- Monitoring, analyzing & communicating sales data.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers.
- Communicating openly, honestly and constructively
- Treating all employees and customers with dignity, respect and courtesy
- Taking responsibility for and making every effort to resolve communication, trust and respect concerns and problems.
- Asking for information needed to perform job responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Suggest new processes, tools, methodologies to ensure sales program’s success across department.
- Telephone/E-Mail/Text/Social Media communication to prospects to identify appropriate contacts, qualify and drive leads through the sales pipeline.
- Telemarketing, cold calling, appointment setting and proactive contact of new & existing clients.
- Administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer service is maintained.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to support departmental events or during high volume work periods.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org