Senior Policy Analyst — Worker Justice
- Experience Level
The Center for Progressive Reform (CPR) is seeking an energetic, organized, and dedicated researcher and advocate to join our staff as a Senior Policy Analyst on Worker Justice. We are looking for candidates who have a deep commitment to inclusive and progressive environmental and economic policies that address historic and contemporary inequities.
CPR’s Worker Justice program seeks to uphold and expand the rights of workers, strengthen workplace protections (including safety and health), and deepen opportunities for workers. Through research, advocacy, and collaboration, CPR seeks to influence the lawmaking process, policy development, agency effectiveness, and rulemaking procedures to serve justice, workers, and the broader public.
Protecting and expanding the rights of workers---including safety and health---is the anchor of our work. Workers’ rights are compromised by constraints to collective bargaining, exclusive definitions of employees and limits to private right of action---and these must be reversed. Our work is being strengthened through a greater focus on racial equity and just transitions in a climate-altered environment. Serving as a policy resource for frontline community advocates is an emerging priority for CPR.
CPR is a national nonprofit organization that protects and strengthens policies for environmental health, climate justice, and worker justice. Through research and advocacy, our network of more than 60 acclaimed scholars and professional staff seek to influence policymakers on a range of policy and good governance issues.
Our scholars and staff bring deep expertise to the public policy arena, from translating scholarly legal work for policymakers, publishing op-eds in leading news outlets, testifying before Congress, weighing in on regulatory proposals, working with the media, collaborating with like-minded organizations, and helping the public engage with the policy process.
CPR is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. Visit our website to read our commitment, which all staff work to further.
This position has three core responsibilities:
- Produce policy analysis that serves as a foundation for CPR’s advocacy
- Engage directly in advocacy efforts (policymaker engagement, communications, education, etc.)
- Support the advocacy of others (coalitions, peers, frontline communities, etc.).
The Senior Policy Analyst reports to the Executive Director and will work collaboratively with CPR Member Scholars, drawing on their expertise and promoting their public messaging in furtherance of CPR’s goals.
Specifically, the Senior Policy Analyst’s work will include the following:
Research, writing, and analysis
- Lead research (with Member Scholars) and data collection, analysis, and writing policy briefs related to worker justice
- Lead efforts to communicate findings widely and creatively to policymakers, advocates, academics, media, and the broader public
- Collaborate with communications colleagues and Member Scholars, to write clear and concise blog posts, social media content, op-eds, fact sheets, and reports for publication to a variety of audiences
Advocacy and collaboration
- On relevant worker justice issues, lead federal policy advocacy and strategically cultivate relationships related to legislation, rulemaking, agency programs and policies, and enforcement trends
- Serve as a spokesperson on broadly defined worker justice issues
- Participate and provide expertise in coalitions and networks with state and national stakeholders and funders to provide expertise and promote research findings
- Collaborate with research partners and key stakeholders, peer and community organizations, and other stakeholders, at times offering leadership and at times support, and serving as a connector between policymakers and affected communities
Organization and team-building:
- Lead development of the Worker Justice strategic plan and its implementation
- Join weekly staff meetings, actively participate in organizational activities, and contribute to an atmosphere of inquiry, collaboration, and activism; seek collaboration opportunities with other CPR staff
- Seek collaboration opportunities with other CPR staff and Member Scholars; this will include research, advocacy, fundraising, and communications-related support
- With spirit of entrepreneurship, help identify and engage donors who are interested in this program area and provide appropriate accountability
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated excellence in research, writing, and advocacy related to worker justice, employment law and practice, racial inequities, and related topics
- Deep knowledge of the field, including strong relationships with key actors and networks, such as workers' rights policy advocates, public interest attorneys, organizations, and academics
- Experience interpreting, synthesizing, and communicating effectively about complex matters of law and policy;
- Relationships with the philanthropic community and proven success in fundraising is highly valued
- Demonstrated commitment to the public interest community and CPR’s mission
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style, with proven experience working with marginalized communities
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail; Spanish-language skills are an asset
- The ability to self-direct, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
- The ability to meet deadlines within a virtual office environment
- Creativity and a desire to learn and grow.
- Seven (7) years of experience showing progressively increased and deepened responsibilities in the fields of public policy research and advocacy or related work
- An advanced degree in a relevant field (i.e., law, public health, public policy, etc.)
This job announcement can also be found at https://progressivereform.org/about-cpr/jobs-cpr/.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Veterans / Public Benefit $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Legal Veterans / Public Benefit $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Program / Project Management Veterans / Public Benefit $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Public Policy / Administration Veterans / Public Benefit $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Research Veterans / Public Benefit $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Working from home