Part Time Development Director for Small Org.
- Experience Level
Acts Of Kindness Cabaret is currently seeking a Development Director to oversee our donor relations and manage our fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our non-profit's fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development program for our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as annual giving campaigns. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to take a small, but established, organization and grow the job with it, making the position truly their own. If you have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
- Cultivate relationships with donors and potential donors to expand donor base and increase donations. (35%)
- In conjunction with the Artistic director, lead fundraising efforts and campaigns. This includes creation of fundraising materials (annual appeal, newsletter, and newsy letters); social media campaigns; and an annual fundraising event. (35%)
- Research grant opportunities, write grant proposals, and submit follow-up reports, when applicable. (25%)
- Board of Directors (5%)
- Participate in quarterly Board meetings.
- Present a Development Director’s Report at each quarterly Bd. Meeting.
- Work with the Board and the Artistic Director to ensure AOKC meets its annual service and fundraising goals, as well as our long-term goals.
- Work with Treasurer to create annual budget.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate should:
Hold a bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Business Administration, Communications or related field
Have 3+ years' experience as an effective development professional
Have Foundation relationship and grant writing experience
Be a self-starter, able to organize and maintain an independent work schedule and workflow on a daily basis;
Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to champion this organization in an enthusiastic and appealing manner;
Be highly organized, able to keep track of people, organizations, and tasks with ease;
Understand the non-profit world, how it works, and how to help build the capacity of a smaller organization; and
Be a creative thinker and resourceful problem solver.
The Development Director will answer to the Board of Directors and will work closely with the Artistic Director. Ideally, the job will begin between 7/1/21 and 8/1/21.
This is a work-from-home position, with commutes to meet with the Artistic Director, Board, potential donors, and other key players as necessary. Thus, candidate must live in Chicago or surrounding suburbs.
COMPENSATION & HOURS
This position begins as quarter time (10 hours per week), contract position but could grow into a part- or full-time salaried position as the organization grows. Compensation $25-$32/hour, commensurate with skills and experience. If you are currently a graduate student in non-profit management working toward a second career, compensation may be a combination of university credit and stipend.
Candidates should submit a resume and introductory letter to Acts Of Kindness Cabaret at: email@example.com.
Please put “DD Submission” in the subject line. Questions may be directed to Hilary Feldman at firstname.lastname@example.org.