7 days left
- Experience Level
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to oversee all aspects of operations at an established not-for-profit Arts Summer Camp located in New Milford, CT. This position will be the liaison between the President/CEO of the camp and the various Department Heads of this multi-faceted operation. The GM will be responsible for the overall business and management of the camp. It will be their job to oversee all of the Department Managers including Facilities/Property Manager, the Accounting Department, the Camp Director, and seasonal and year round vendors/contractors/suppliers. This job has a heavy emphasis on Budget/Financial planning and Policy/Procedure implementation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and improve property standards.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals.
- Train and direct associates.
- Ensure that staff, campers and counselors expectations are met or exceeded. Assign follow-up items to the team as necessary.
- Continually looking for ways to enhance the camp experience.
- Remain highly visible and readily available to the Department Heads while reporting directly to the President and Board of Directors.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Management (for example: non-profit, educational, arts, hospitality, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years experience of Budget and/or Project Management.
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style.
- Ability to create a culture of accountability.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Commitment to the advancement of the already establish, authentic, and beloved culture of the camp.
- Ability to research solutions and problem solve.
- Resourceful. Able to maintain a high standard camp experience while supporting the new not-for-profit mission to make the camp more inclusive and affordable.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is a must.
- Environmentally Conscious is a must.
Bachelor's Degree (preferred) or comparable experience in accounting or hospitality/project management
This Job Is:
A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
We invite people from historically marginalized communities, such as BIPOC, LGBTQ folx, and people with a wide range of abilities to apply
Company's Facebook page:
Only full-time employees eligible
Remote interview process
Social distancing guidelines in place